New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Mga expert ask ko lang para saan ba ung fuse or fuse box na nkalagay sa mga sound set up?Kasi ako my simple set up din pero wla ko fuse box hehe..Sorry for my ignorance on this matter curious lang tlga ko.Dba meron na sariling fuse na maliliit ung ampli at head unit? thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Mga sir mali ata ung term ko,what i mean is fuse distribution block or box ewan ko ba bopols tlga ko dun basta fuse un...thanks again

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Mas madaling magpalit ng fuse sa box kesa sa amp or HU.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    um, lalagyan ng fuse?

hindi ako namimilosopo ha yun talaga purpose nun. some components have internal fuses, but some don't....and overloading them can be very expensive.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ah ok thanks wildthing and m54powered, e san ba kinakabit un? and so meaning every sound set up dapat my fuse block tlga?!

anung sasakyan, malapit yan sa original driver side(LHD->left; LHD-converted->right)

ang stock audio system ay may fuse lang na 10-15amp at kalimitan kashare pa ung either room light or cigar(power) outlet or both-->depende sa design.

kung gusto mo mag-set-up at para di mag-overload, just put your headunit sa stock wires(ung oirginal na kinakabitan ng stock radio) at ung amplifiers,etc mo just rewire a much stronger line, with fuse relayed,and either connected directly sa battery or relayed to the accesory position ng ignition mo...

in short alam na ng accesoory shop yan pag sila babanat, monitor mo nalang ang pag-re-insulate ng wires.
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; February 2nd, 2007 at 03:40 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sound system talagang nilalagay ng fuse for protection (both for the system and the vehicle). Mura lang naman siya huwag lang branded ang bilhin mo. Tip ng installers is to install as close to the battery as possible.

Yung distribution block ginagamit iyon if you are running more than one amp para isa lang yung power wire from the battery, pagpasok sa block, it will get distributed.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Tama si sir Otep.

You need a fuse or circuit breaker as close as possible to the battery to protect the car in case of short circuit.

The fuse box or combination fuse box power distribution block near the amp/s is there to hold fuses for the amps and other equipment you might install. The purpose is to keep your wiring clean and protect your equipment. Meaning one big power cable running to the battery then split the power to the different amps via the distribution/fuse box with each amp protected by a fuse. As mentoned earlier, its easier to change the fuse at the fuse box rather than the fuse installed on the amp.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Ah ok thanks a lot guys,now maliwanag na sakin.Actualy i check yesterday and i only have 1 fuse and right ung malapit sa batery aside from that wla na,i have 2 amps pa namn maybe try to buy na lang this week ung dalawahan for my amps.Again thanks and more power to all tsikoteers. Peace!

Purpose of fuse box?