New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    This might have been discussed already but I'm too lazy to do a search so my deepest apologies for the redundant thread...

I plan to purchase a headunit in the US... Are US headunits compatible in the Philippines???

I know that the European headunits have a peculiar wavelength like Lw and Mw as was seen in my old Opel...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    This might have been discussed already but I'm too lazy to do a search so my deepest apologies for the redundant thread...

I plan to purchase a headunit in the US... Are US headunits compatible in the Philippines???

I know that the European headunits have a peculiar wavelength like Lw and Mw as was seen in my old Opel...
    Nice to see you again here, bro.docgorio

Yes fellow Archer ,- HUs in the US are compatible in the Philippines.

Three of my HUs,- I purchased them from the US...

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.0K:drive1:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks Bro!!!! I just wanted to make sure it's compatible...

It's waaaaaaaay cheaper to purchase one in the US...

ANIMO!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    Thanks Bro!!!! I just wanted to make sure it's compatible...

It's waaaaaaaay cheaper to purchase one in the US...

ANIMO!!!!!!!!!!!
    Agree,- about 30% to 40% of the price here... Specially, during sale season....

So, I also buy other electronic items from the US,- watches, tablets, laptops, netbooks, DSLR and compact cameras, GPS among others

Animo!...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    from the US, yes. I had purchased one HU from the US that I was able to use here.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Well, the cons of importing one is that you've effectively voided any warranty claims (unless your idea is sending the unit back to the US and back) with Pioneer Philippines. However, aside from being "more affordable" due to tax evasion, US head units typically have more features. For example, the local version of the Pioneer 80PRS does not have Bluetooth functions while their US counterpart has.

Animo!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Some HUs may have a feature to receive Sirius XM or XM Satellite radio. These however, will only work in the US.
    Last edited by oj88; November 14th, 2014 at 08:38 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Some HUs may have a feature to receive Sirius XM or XM Satellite radio. These however, will only work in the US.
    Right bro.,- and so for the units I purchased, I get only the ones with "less features"...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Well, the cons of importing one is that you've effectively voided any warranty claims (unless your idea is sending the unit back to the US and back) with Pioneer Philippines. However, aside from being "more affordable" due to tax evasion, US head units typically have more features. For example, the local version of the Pioneer 80PRS does not have Bluetooth functions while their US counterpart has.

Animo!
    its a clean tax evasion naman as a tourist, you are immune with your destination country... (a tax refund will be done sa airport)

and i agree mas mura sa USA, ganda pa ng consumer protection nila, no questions asked!

pero pag add in mo cost of transportation eh somewhat talo??? unless company sponsored trip

pano nga pala pag may GPS yong head unit from USA, aandar pa din ba sa pinas?

May garmin GPS ako from USA, nahirapan ako loadan ng PH maps na libre