New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi Peeps, for Mentors and newbies

I just want to ask if there must be precautions and preparations before installing subs/amplifiers? for exmple is batteries or etc? this post might help some users and newbies in installing/owning a car PIMPED with Audio Boo boom.

for me, example is, im still using a Stock battery for my Honda City, I havent made the Change for MOTOLITE Batteries.. but what Im planning to do is, i'll use the Stock battery to power up my subs and 2 amplifiers, for that situation, is that posibble? what precautions should i check? what problems might arise after a year or etc...

btw, i have modified my seps and mid seps, and changed it to Blaupunkt. and also im planning to buy a new amplifier for the seps..

Thanks,,

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mackkcam View Post
    Hi Peeps, for Mentors and newbies

I just want to ask if there must be precautions and preparations before installing subs/amplifiers? for exmple is batteries or etc? this post might help some users and newbies in installing/owning a car PIMPED with Audio Boo boom.

for me, example is, im still using a Stock battery for my Honda City, I havent made the Change for MOTOLITE Batteries.. but what Im planning to do is, i'll use the Stock battery to power up my subs and 2 amplifiers, for that situation, is that posibble? what precautions should i check? what problems might arise after a year or etc...

btw, i have modified my seps and mid seps, and changed it to Blaupunkt. and also im planning to buy a new amplifier for the seps..

Thanks,,
    I think, you should upgrade your alternator and battery before installing power hungry electronics. I think a grounding kit will help also. 1F or bigger capacitors will help para di mabitin ang pagbayo (sudden power surges). Maglatag na rin ng malalaking wires mula battery papunta sa HU and Amps. A good power filter will help para ang electrical noise mula sa makina ay hindi pumasok sa HU and Amps.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hold on dude, can you spell it at in LAY-mans terms? take it easy im a bit noob on those technical part, can you also tell me what it is for? and for how much? except for the Alternator and battery. 1F is a capacitor right? should I use those things? but how about other cars, do they have capacitors? i think i saw some capacitors on heavily equipped car setups, but mine is not that heavy...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hold on dude, can you spell it at in LAY-mans terms? take it easy im a bit noob on those technical part, can you also tell me what it is for? and for how much? except for the Alternator and battery. 1F is a capacitor right? should I use those things? but how about other cars, do they have capacitors? i think i saw some capacitors on heavily equipped car setups, but mine is not that heavy...
    Tama naman ang pagkakaintindi mo.

The purpose of the capacitor is during peak current needs, your HU (head unit) and Amp., will get some of its power needs from the capacitor. In some setups, the lights of the HU dims every time there is a strong sudden boom of the speakers. The capacitor will help minimize this and makes sure that your amp gets all the current it needs to produce the sound.

Pricing, sorry, I do not have that info.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It depends on the power needed for your desired setup sir. Capacitor banks are meant to help your "system" during cases of power surges specially when you have multiple amplifiers that power up different subs. I had mine 1.5F and is capable of handling 3 amps at the same time. (I have a 3 way setup, bloody!)

Yes, upgrading your "stock" battery (1SM I think) will be very beneficial to your cars multiple power requirement. Get the deep cycle ones (AC Delco) they are recommended for SPL setups.

from left: 1.5F capacitor, 1pc. 2 ch amp for subs, 1pc. 3 way, cross over; That's just my trunks right side.

HTH! prices start from 3k php up for different types of capacitors.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    so i really need a Capacitor? kahit hindi pang show ung car noh? so ang kuha ng kuryente nyan is sa Car Battery na Mismo? no need na mag install pa aq ng isa pang battery, pero still, i need to have a High Capacity of electricity stored on my battery? I mean mas mataas ung battery Energy?

Pero for the Capacitors, nakakatipid ba ng kuryente yan? bka naman kc Extra Consumer lng yan eh, since ung Setup ko naman is 2 Amps, 1 Sub lng na SPL Setup? Target ko rin kc is Trunk space, kaya ng 1 Sub setup lng ako, sayang ung Spare tire, we still dont know what may happen to us while driving on the Road...

oh yeah, i too will install a cross over.

Another Question, Can i Control the Sub and Ampli, by using the Crossover, coz sometimes naman ayaw ko rin bksan ung Sub (xempre, ksma na ung Separate amp nya) mattira lng na naka On is ung sa Seps na Ampli..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    so i really need a Capacitor? kahit hindi pang show ung car noh? so ang kuha ng kuryente nyan is sa Car Battery na Mismo? no need na mag install pa aq ng isa pang battery, pero still, i need to have a High Capacity of electricity stored on my battery? I mean mas mataas ung battery Energy?

Pero for the Capacitors, nakakatipid ba ng kuryente yan? bka naman kc Extra Consumer lng yan eh, since ung Setup ko naman is 2 Amps, 1 Sub lng na SPL Setup? Target ko rin kc is Trunk space, kaya ng 1 Sub setup lng ako, sayang ung Spare tire, we still dont know what may happen to us while driving on the Road...

oh yeah, i too will install a cross over.

Another Question, Can i Control the Sub and Ampli, by using the Crossover, coz sometimes naman ayaw ko rin bksan ung Sub (xempre, ksma na ung Separate amp nya) mattira lng na naka On is ung sa Seps na Ampli..
    capacitor acts as an "extra" battery take note. Basic EE (def), capacitors tend to store charges and later on distribute them when a drop in the system is experienced. It actually helps your power source during the time when there's a shortage of current. For High power applications such as high power amplifiers, your system will definitely need one.

HTH!

On my x-over, there is an existing bass control wherein you can/may change the gain for low to high bass, In my knowledge, there is no control for any subwoofer, you can only change the settings on the amplifiers.

HTH!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Sir, Tanong ko lang po kung saan nakakabili ng ac delco na 3smf and how much po

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ah ic, so what do you guys prefer for my car? my setup consists of 2 amplifiers, lets say the Ampli for the sub is 1.5Tw and the ampli for seps is below 1Tw, and the Sub is a COMPVR 2ohm sub, only 1 sub installed..

and what kind of Battery should i use for the Car? do I need to change the Car battery ASAP? even without the Subs and Ampli installed? im planning on buying a amplifier 1st for the Separate, a 4 way channel amp, and also, when I have installed the 1st amp, should I change the battery right Away?

Thanks...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    deadenning!!! sa rattles ng doors and trunk!!!
    some new amps are not that power hungry depende sa brand ng amp let say yung oldschool na earthquake rated 200W RMS is mas matakaw sa kuryente kesa sa new RF rated 400+W RMS!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Preparation before Installing Loud Audio sutffs