New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rmolivar View Post
    Anybody had experience using 12V DC to 220V AC power inverter in their cars?
    Would like to get suggestions sana on good brands and where to buy.
    Planning to use one for a digital TV box (not ABS-CBN TV Plus). Input power is either 220V AC or 5V DC lang kasi, unlike the 12V DC TV Plus.

TIA
    RCA has a 5V digital tuner which you can plug to a USB slot

You can convert your 12V cigarette lighter slot into USB slot

There are items that double your cigarette lighter slot, 1 for your lcd and the other for the usb

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; March 29th, 2017 at 08:59 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    Medyo ot but really interested in something like this...wala nga lang knowhow. How much did you spend sir and do yuu think a solar installation is worth it? Thanks!
    Solar panels will last you a long time until a storm takes it away from you

Batteries should be a huge concern though, utilize it for deep cycle application and its warranty goes down to 6months. Im not sure how long it will last though. Typically for automotive application it lasts 3 years, but i dont expect it to last that long for deep cycle operation

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; March 29th, 2017 at 09:00 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    yun mga nabebenta ba na tig 1k -1.5k sa olx for 500 watts, pwede na for mobile phone and laptop charging?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    yun mga 500w maingay dahil sa cooling fan. i have a feeling hindi 500w yan hehehe. also make sure your 12v socket can provide enough amps baka matrip yun fuses.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Dont plug a 500w inverter into your cigarette lighter. You will blow the fuses. Thats what happened to me when i was experimenting with ny ps4 setup in the car. You Will need to attach it directly to your battery.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Most cigarette lighters can only give out 120W. On some cars this is written on the socket covet (12V 10A).

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    is that 500 watts of PMPO, or is that continuous rated output?
    the numbers should be in there somewhere.
    just look for it.

because if it came with cigarette lighter plug...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Dont plug a 500w inverter into your cigarette lighter. You will blow the fuses. Thats what happened to me when i was experimenting with ny ps4 setup in the car. You Will need to attach it directly to your battery.

yeah happened to me too. i was trying to run a frikkin huge desktop-replacement laptop in the car

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    yun mga 500w maingay dahil sa cooling fan. i have a feeling hindi 500w yan hehehe. also make sure your 12v socket can provide enough amps baka matrip yun fuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Most cigarette lighters can only give out 120W. On some cars this is written on the socket covet (12V 10A).

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    is that 500 watts of PMPO, or is that continuous rated output?
    the numbers should be in there somewhere.
    just look for it.

because if it came with cigarette lighter plug...
    salamat sa inputs mga bros, mabuti nalang di muna ako bumili agad (malapit lang sa office isang store nagbebenta)
    for mobile phone and laptop charger lang sana, wa epek kasi mga rated 2.1 or 3amps na car charger at malakas parin mag drain habang nasa byahe (waze, gps and data plus the screen)

eto nalang in-order ko para free shipping :D
    https://shopee.ph/150W-Car-Power-Inv...7120.584045238

https://shopee.ph/Car-Mobile-Convert...7120.573102112
    Last edited by ninjababez; October 15th, 2017 at 08:01 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    salamat sa inputs mga bros, mabuti nalang di muna ako bumili agad (malapit lang sa office isang store nagbebenta)
    for mobile phone and laptop charger lang sana, wa epek kasi mga rated 2.1 or 3amps na car charger at malakas parin mag drain habang nasa byahe (waze, gps and data plus the screen)

eto nalang in-order ko para free shipping :D
    https://shopee.ph/150W-Car-Power-Inv...7120.584045238

https://shopee.ph/Car-Mobile-Convert...7120.573102112
    Thats exactly what blew up all my fuses. Though it was used to power up the ps4. A phone charger is a diff story.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast