New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Peeps,

My kids are asking me about this for several months now. Almost every week we travel north to visit my oldies its a long drive and kids want to play their playstation while on the road. The problem is i do not have and cant find one where to get playstation car cable.

Can you suggest any other way how can i run playstation in my car? Is there any shop where i can bring my car and fix the wiring? By the way my car is equipped with DVD player/monitor.

Thanks.. kids will be happy with your recommendation.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    sir saan ba location mo? sa mga shops na gumagawa ng sound setup saglit lang yan.

madali lang din naman yan. kailangan mo lang ng inverter and saksak mo lang sa audio and video in nung monitor mo.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks Hanhvin - I'm from QC, diliman area.
    Where can i get that inverter locally. I have seen some in US but cant find one locally. Is there any other way cheaper way of running PS besides getting an inverter?

Thanks in advance.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung ang power requirements ng PS ay maliit lang, ang CDR King have a power inverter (12V to 220v) na 150watts selling at P750. lang. You should be able to run it. Ang kaso paapno ang lcd screeen? merun bang LCD ang ride mo and can it accomodate the PS?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PSP na lang

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    kung ang power requirements ng PS ay maliit lang, ang CDR King have a power inverter (12V to 220v) na 150watts selling at P750. lang. You should be able to run it. Ang kaso paapno ang lcd screeen? merun bang LCD ang ride mo and can it accomodate the PS?
    add ko na rin yung input ng LCD must be in 2 pairs 2audio 2video

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i have the same setup in my SUV and have the PS2,nintendo64 and dreamcast connected to my front and back LCD but i have it set up to where i can play a DVD in the front and the PS2 at the back LCD with the front speakers playing the movie and the back speakers playing the videogame sound.
    as far as connections..i have a 400W power inverter for powering the videogame consoles and the LCDs are powered by a regular 12V from the SUV.

i dont quite understand tho why you need a pair of video input from the LCD.you should only need one if the DVD player is already built in the LCD.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee View Post
    i have the same setup in my SUV and have the PS2,nintendo64 and dreamcast connected to my front and back LCD but i have it set up to where i can play a DVD in the front and the PS2 at the back LCD with the front speakers playing the movie and the back speakers playing the videogame sound.
    as far as connections..i have a 400W power inverter for powering the videogame consoles and the LCDs are powered by a regular 12V from the SUV.

i dont quite understand tho why you need a pair of video input from the LCD.you should only need one if the DVD player is already built in the LCD.
    huuummmmm... quite interesting!
    the last time i saw is having a 2 video in at the rear LCD wherein they can play this playstation!
    what brand of DVD player are you using? specs?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    *toolightz..
    im using the kenwood DNX7100.
    specs>>http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Qz6W7KC...o&i=113DNX7100
    heres a picture of the setup.TV tuner at the back,movie at the rearview LCD and navigation on the head unit while playing the CD changer.the front speakers playing a song from the changer or it can play the sound of the movie while the back speakers playing the football sound.the navigation will interupt briefly to tell you if you have to make a right/left turn coming out of the front speakers.

more pictures here>>http://kotseaudioclub.com/forum/view...r=asc&start=30

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The inverter at CDR-King can handle the PS2 (proven and tested).

There is a cheaper way actually, which is to buy a car adapter for the PS2. It would cost about 300-500, but there would be noise on the LCD screen (tipong nagfi-flicker). The inverter is the way to go if you want your kids to enjoy a clear LCD display while playing.

Now for the setup, I guess the one installed on Isuzu's Crosswind Sportivo is the best way provided that your HU has a Line Out function. If someone could post pix of the Sportivo's audio/video/inverter sockets at the back of its center console, I guess it would help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Playstation in Cars