New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you have a full sound setup (separates, coxials, subwoofer and amp) is it safe to play and listen to music with the engine off? or will this lead to discharging the battery prematurely. Is it necessary to have the engine running so that you wont drain your battery while playing music.

Any thoughts on this guys?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by extrarice311 View Post
    if you have a full sound setup (separates, coxials, subwoofer and amp) is it safe to play and listen to music with the engine off? or will this lead to discharging the battery prematurely. Is it necessary to have the engine running so that you wont drain your battery while playing music.

Any thoughts on this guys?
    Depending on your system and battery, I won't recommend playing more than 30 minutes inside a car. If you do it often, you'll lead to premature discharging of your battery as most typical car batteries (ex. Motolite) aren't fans of constant deep discharging. For peace of mind, I suggest just turning your engine ON.. this way, your power source is your alternator and it'll save you the headache of jump-starting your engine if you DID drain your battery.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Naku nangyari sa akin yan ayaw mag start kasi ang tagal na naka on yung stereo. Napa tulak tuloy si manong security guard. (I was at a paid parking lot at that time.) Factor din siguro medyo luma na yung battery.

Kung stock lang na stereo, no amps, walang masyadong problema kahit 1 hour, at ok pa ang battery mo. (I do this with the minivan all the time, but only low volumes.) Pero pag naka set up, lalo na malakas yung sound, malakas mag drain ng battery.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think for a fully setup sound system, not recommended. it will eventually drain up your battery. imagine mo na lang kung gano kalakas kumain ng battery ang HU + amp mo....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    it's not recommended. lakas din kumain ng kuryente yung amp especially if you're playing boom boom sounds. still advisable to turn ON the engine while playing music.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    You can do that as long as you have the number of Motolite Express Delivery. ^_^

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    it happened to me din on my 3sm battery 30 mins. lang ayaw na mag start....

nung nagpalit ako ng battery to 4D... kahat more than 1.5 hour... start pa din....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    kung sandali lang okay lang wag lang matagal at ma drain baterya mo.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Naka 2 amp system ako, 800w rms and 1500w rms mono. Kaya naman 30mins pero nasa gitna lang volume. Hindi ko na inaantay ma lobat, matic kasi un jazz ko eh.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s1x_p4c View Post
    Naka 2 amp system ako, 800w rms and 1500w rms mono. Kaya naman 30mins pero nasa gitna lang volume. Hindi ko na inaantay ma lobat, matic kasi un jazz ko eh.
    imho, maski nasa gitna lang ang volume, kumakain pa din ng power ang amps mo tsaka HU mo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast