New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    From experience, I like PIONEER headunits.

Just get the unit with MP3 and USB functions. (and if you own and use an iPod, get the unit with iPod functionality too).
    I have also a PIONEER before, I can say it is good but haven't try the other brands or maybe the other brand is now much better than PIONEER and yes that is now that I am looking for, with the USB/IPOD functionality

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    beware of fake branded HUs.
    buy at authorized dealers.
    Yes bro, That's why I am searching only in an authorized dealer

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I just want to clear up some misconceptions in this thread.

sony, jvc, pioneer are entry level. go for jvc or pioneer. If u could increase ur budget go for alpine.
    sony speakers and head units are horrible. even a single scratch on the cd can hamper ur playback motion.
    Sony is a brand that makes almost everything from camcorders to cell phones to lcd. but they are not good in car audio. pioneer, jvc or alpine make car audio or home audio and hence offer better reliability and quality.

In car audio, Sony and JVC are entry-level. Pioneer on the otherhand isn't. Anybody shelling out 36-40k for a Pioneer P99RS would attest to that. Alpine and Pioneer is possibly the two biggest HU names in the local car audio industry and compete on every head unit price category.

Sony is a global conglomerate. Of course they manufacture everything. You can add Pioneer, JVC, Alpine, Eclipse, <insert head unit brand> and still Sony would be bigger. Contrary to popular thought, just because it isn't heavily distributed here doesn't mean Sony is lacking in car audio and home audio.

As an example, here's a 50k SACD/CD player from Sony that's part of Stereophile's A+ category.

CD? People still use CDs in this day and age?

Sadly, people still do due to superior recording.

actually the CD have better sound quality than the mp3 format

If that's an authentic CD purchase, then the files inside are uncompressed WAV files hence better than mp3. 1411kbps > 128-320kbps. However if it's simply a mp3 file burned inside a CD, same lang quality nila kahit different medium.

The reason why I suggested Pioneer is because they're number 1. You can go to any shop in Banawe and they can service your Pioneer head unit but that doesn't apply the same with other brands. Most dealers - check. Good support - check. Number one status - check.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    my pioneer bought on SM appliances with free speakers ( HU made in thailand)

Pioneer DEH-2250UBG head unit unboxing.mpg - YouTube

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by EE100shiro View Post
    my pioneer bought on SM appliances with free speakers ( HU made in thailand)

Pioneer DEH-2250UBG head unit unboxing.mpg - YouTube
    magkano bili mo dyan bro?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung pioneer go with 4v units. deh 6350sd and above which cost 7k+ ...lalo na kung magupgrade ka ng speakers. just look for units na may pioneer warranty seal para safe.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    kung pioneer go with 4v units. deh 6350sd and above which cost 7k+ ...lalo na kung magupgrade ka ng speakers. just look for units na may pioneer warranty seal para safe.
    How about the DEH 2450 sir? yung 4V units ba mas maganda ang sounds?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jdee12 View Post
    magkano bili mo dyan bro?
    October 14-2010 nabili at kinabit ko na agad so far hanggang ngayon wala pang problema everyday and every night use
    amount= 5,348.21
    Tax=641.79
    total= 5,990.00 pesos
    w/ free speaker (made in Vietnam)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KIANTOT View Post
    How about the DEH 2450 sir? yung 4V units ba mas maganda ang sounds?
    yes sir mas maganda sa sounds kapag 4v , deh 2450 sir di pa po 4v yan , 6350/6450 pataas yan po ang 4v

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    yes sir mas maganda sa sounds kapag 4v , deh 2450 sir di pa po 4v yan , 6350/6450 pataas yan po ang 4v
    sir Jedi, may HU ba na binebenta sa tsikot shop? thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Pioneer/Kenwood/JVC/Sony single din HU