New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Anyone already using this kind of HU? Any feedback? I'm interested in it because of it's USB compatibility. Mga how much kaya and where to buy?

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    I had this HU installed on my strada and I must say this is a terrific device.

I know you must have already checked the specs such as the equalizer, presets, etc. so I guess you're just interested in the main thing that got me thinking about purchasing this product before I actually got it - the USB connectivity.

Unlike some other HUs that can only handle up to 10Gb drives, this one actually does go over the 100Gb mark. I'm currently using a 120Gb WD Passport USB HDD and the cable to supply the additional 500mA via the auxiliary power adaptor in the car (this particular HDD needs 1000mA and the 7950UB only supplies 500mA) and it works perfectly. The folders show up on the 7950 but it takes a little getting used to, so you better arrange folders in an efficient way if you're going to use a portable hdd for your music. Also make sure that the portable HDD can run on 500mA so you won't need additional cables. However, this baby works fine for 4Gb flash drives.

I haven't tested the direct Ipod connection as I will be getting my Ipod by December but I read the 7950UB connects directly with the gen 5 and up Ipod through the USB too, so no need for Ipod adapters.

Hope this helps in your decision making.

Peace!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    thanks for the quick response and review mr_incredible! I also read a lot of positive reviews from other sites on the web. Around how much does it cost? And would you recommend any dealer/shop where I can get it from?

Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    i bought mine and had it installed along with my seps at Mickeys Autosound in Cainta. However, I believe it's cheaper at Jeff Tan's place at Araneta Avenue near SM Centerpoint. At that time it was between 10-11k.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thank you sir!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Just got my unit this afternoon and I totally agree with the reviews. I fell in love with it during the 15 minute drive home from the shop. I even stayed in the car for about 10 minutes more when I got home just fiddling with it. I was pretty satisfied with my old P4650MP but this one just blows it away! Really worth every peso!

In case anyone would be interested in my P4650MP, well, just PM me coz that's a different topic already.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hanep yan dude. HU ko na rin yan sa Jazz ko. I bought mine in June for PhP12,000 and it's been kicking my speakers since.

The interface isn't perfect (a little idiosyncratic) but it works well enough and you get used to it. Not sure how well it works with hard disks due to the large volume of files, though (puro flash drives ang gamit ko so far). Madadaan naman yan sa tamang organization ng folders and files.

I find the 7950's many audio settings, USB tracks and playlists are best set up before you get moving---which is better for road safety anyway.

Tested the iPod compatibility with a friend's 5G iPod, too. It emulates the iPod interface well.

Here are photos of mine:
    http://bluepiranha.multiply.com/phot...er_DEH-P7950UB

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    The interface isn't perfect (a little idiosyncratic) but it works well enough and you get used to it.
    Yup, even the remote needs getting used to sa dami ng buttons. The only thing I don't like about it is walang direct pause button sa unit itself. Ang dami mo pang pipindutin sa unit before mo ma pause siya.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I just got my Nokia 5310 XpressMusic phone and I tried connecting it to the 7950. Works like a charm!

You just have to set the phone to UMS/Data Storage mode and connect its USB cable to the 7950's.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Had one installed a few weeks back and I'm very satisfied with the unit's sound output and the way it improves the Fortuner's dashboard. How does one deactivate the auto face open option? I read the manual (page 31) but I still can't deactivate it. I guess I'm just too old na hehe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pioneer DEH-P7950UB