New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Bakit kaya ganito...

The first time I got hand of my car may static at basag ang sounds...

replaced all the 4 speakers...punit na pala ang surrounds ng cone....and changed old Alpine HU to a better Pioneer....

Improved...but with the same problem...STATIC...

brought it back to Banawe and had a suppressor installed...SAME...no change...inert...

FM or CD changer...the same static is really annoying...

But I discovered when I pluged-in a portable CD player via, CD to TAPE device...malinaw!!...hehehe

Gurus...HOW COME?? WHAT TO DO?? and ano na rin ang magandang set-up for this kind of car (wagon) :confused: :confused:

Thanks thanks!!
    Last edited by wannabe; April 26th, 2004 at 09:52 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hiwalay lang un power cables pati un rva..

hmm.. dati un akin mahina un battery.. check mo din.. un terminals din sa battery..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Power cables? frome where?

Ano pong rva? or RCA?

Thanks thanks!!

Next...ano po ang magandang set-up nito? I'm After SQL...what cheapest drivers and amplifiers- with quality can you recommend sir Odell?

Siguro nde ko na papalitan ang separates ko na Blaupunkt at 3 way co-axial na Pioneer sa likod. Wala pa akong Sub and amps. What H.U. din na maganda?? Bulok din na Pioneer pinalit ko...haha

Thanks again!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Based on your posts, i'm assuming that your HU is driving your Blaus and Pioneers speakers directly (with no amps or processors in between).

If that's the case and you are experiencing static problems, my best bet would actually be the wires connected to your HU being the culprit.

What I can suggest at this point is to install your own set of power and ground wires for your HU. Since you're at it, might as well install a thick set (around 12 gauge). Just remember to put 2 fuses on the power wire (one near the battery and one near the HU).

For the ground wire, try to tap it to a clean, unpainted portion of your car, nearest to your HU. The shorter the ground wire, the better.

While you're at it, try installing na rin an aftermarket set of speaker wires going to your 4 speakers.

The rationale behind is that the wiring system of almost all cars makes use of a common ground wire. This means that there is only one or two ground wires in which different stock accessories are connected to it (which includes your radio).

Sometimes, too much pull from the different accessories would cause a voltage fluctuation within the HU thereby manifesting itself as a static.

Another alternative is to check your high-tension wire if its able to effectively suppress the RF noise generated by your ignition system. This too could be a source of static if RF noise is leaking and is picked up by your HU.

Both of my suggestions are merely based on previous experience and acquired knowledge. There can still be other probable causes of your static problem. Tsikot peepz, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong and to suggest other alternatives in case my suggestions don't work out.

HTH! Do let us know how things turn out! :D

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sorry.. RCA pala.. i stand corrected..

v12 or fenton na amp..

ang targa or PG subs ok na un.. mura na for their bass..

i started with 15 inch PG sub in a ported box pati v12 na amp. .taiwan ha.hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wannabe,

yung static ba eh kapag umaandar lang ang makina mo or kahit patay makina? kung magpapalit ka ng HU, baka pwedeng saluhin ko na lang yung pioneer mo... di naman ako maselan sa set-up eh. trip ko lang makakita ng mga set-up pero ako ayoko tama na sa akin ang tumutunog ng maayos.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Sir Gian,

Thank you for the detailed explanation and solution. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to do such. I'm very much excited. :D

Sir Odell,

The static is everywhere! Whether the engine is on or off...there is still the annoying shh...shh...

There is another mutation of my STATIC problem. FM becomes weaker at certain times and AM cuts out whenever I pass an underpass ex:Q. AVE underpass.

Asar na ako.

Mahina kaya ang aking Antenna? Kasi Antipolo palang wala na akong FM. :mad:

:mad:

Hope you guys could help me in this. To chia in advance!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    try having it checked sa mga electrical shops..

ok u nsa wizzard sa may timog...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dalhin mo kay mach2audio.. ;)
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    wannabe,

try ninyo mag install ng temporary power wire direct from battery to your HU.. kung minsan kasi eh hindi na maganda wires ng ibang sasakyan.. worst is the dadaan pa yung power sa accessories switch then sa fuse box then sa radio..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
never ending STATIC...