New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hello I need some help car audio gurus! I'd like to add rear speakers to my sound setup. This is my current system:

Kenwood KDC-2020 Head Unit Maximum power 50Wx4
    Targa X series front speakers w/ tweeters
    JL Audio 12" W3 Car Subwoofer

What should I add? Some suggested to get a 4-channel amp to connect both the front and rear speakers. But I don't know which type of rear speakers to get.
    Some also suggested to get a 6x9 coaxial oval rear speakers.
    Do I need an extra amp for my rear speakers or can I just get rear speakers and connect it directly to my head unit? I have a budget of 6-8K so which ever setup will make my audio system sound and feel great then I wil go for it. I'm only a newbie and I'm really not that famiiar with sound setups. Pinasetup ko lang sa friend ko tong curent systme ko ngayon. Gusto ko lang mag-upgrade ng konti. Please help. Need your advice masters! I used to be SQ but now I fell like SPL... I'd like to increase the loudness/volume to the next level but not sacrificing the quality of course. Hehehe! How should this be done the right way? Peace out! Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    If you have the 6x9 for the rear you are almost there. So, you go ahead and fire up your both speakers w/ your H.U and enjoy the sounds. If you want more louder and boom boom booooom install a four channel amp for your speakers and a mono amp for your sub. Perhaps get a 5 channel amp if space is concern.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Plano ko magpa-quote sa Mickey's autosound sa may Pasig. Okay ba mga gawa nila dun? Meron din ako nalaman na KAI audio. Taga dito kasi ako sa may Marcos high-way... Balak ko na rin pawoodworks when I get a 4-way amp and rear speaker para malinis ung trunk ko...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mickey is good. Medyo mahal pero worth it. I've seen his work displayed at car shows and wow!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ang mahal pala sa Mickey's hihihihi

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_2002 View Post
    ang mahal pala sa Mickey's hihihihi
    Sir try mo din sa Autoline sa Makati.... Mas mura sya compared sa Mickeys!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Sir try mo din sa Autoline sa Makati.... Mas mura sya compared sa Mickeys!

Malinis din gumawa ang autoline... look for alex, madaling kausap at magaling gumagawa yung mga tao niya.

Try mo rin sa C and J .... along felix ave. papunta ng cainta.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    wag na po magrear speakers, unless passenger ka lagi.. pero kung ikaw naman lagi ang driver, invert on a good front seps.

Need help on adding rear speakers