New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Tapos na pala yung project mo, so this may well be moot.

Most relays (well, at least those that I've seen) are rated at 30 amps. If the total current draw of your 2 fans is less than this, then as long as you use the correct gauge wire (read: thick enough) for the connections from battery to the "30" terminal and from "87" to the fans, you'll be ok with just 1 relay.

rion > saan mo nilagay yang 2 fans? for your radiator/ clutch-fan removal and replacement with electric fans?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    Huh, Huh, Huh...

Tulong po!

hindi gumana yung connection ko...

gumana lang siya kung gawin ko ang #86 from negative to positive. peru duda ako kung tama ito...

tulong po, ano pa ang mas maganda na connection?
    Remove the wire running from the switch to pin 30 ... run the wire instead from the switch to the battery's negative. HTH

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    pin 86 should be connected to ground since pi 85 is already connected to positive...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EssB View Post
    pin 86 should be connected to ground since pi 85 is already connected to positive...
    Like rion posted earlier, it doesn't work. That 's the reason he tried to revise the diagram.

Quote Originally Posted by rion
    Huh, Huh, Huh...

Tulong po!

hindi gumana yung connection ko...

gumana lang siya kung gawin ko ang #86 from negative to positive. peru duda ako kung tama ito...
    Hence, it's pin 85 that should be switched to ground.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Tapos na pala yung project mo, so this may well be moot.

Most relays (well, at least those that I've seen) are rated at 30 amps. If the total current draw of your 2 fans is less than this, then as long as you use the correct gauge wire (read: thick enough) for the connections from battery to the "30" terminal and from "87" to the fans, you'll be ok with just 1 relay.
    thanks for the Tip. may nakita nga akong website that says this particular relay is enough with two fans. link but I found a extra relay sa garage so dalawa relay na ginamit ko.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    rion > saan mo nilagay yang 2 fans? for your radiator/ clutch-fan removal and replacement with electric fans?
    it's just a re-wiring on the front a/c radiator with dual fans. including re-wiring of the another fan on the rear secondary a/c radiator.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Like rion posted earlier, it doesn't work. That 's the reason he tried to revise the diagram.

Hence, it's pin 85 that should be switched to ground.
    yung source ng pin 86 that should be negative (first pic) becomes positive when switched on. and my pin 85 line was not intended for a (+)switching line. kaya problema...

peru tapos na po wiring ko. pwede na ba ito? ang hirap na kasi ulitin pa yung switch ko to make it a negative switching type... and my source with the thermostat trigger line is positive kasi eh...
    Last edited by rion; August 31st, 2007 at 07:42 AM.

ok.. hehehe..pasabit pwede?

kung in an event na switch on mo-pumipitik ang relay, pero yung equipment di nag-function, maari bang sign yun ng busted relay?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    kung in an event na switch on mo-pumipitik ang relay, pero yung equipment di nag-function, maari bang sign yun ng busted relay?
    yup ... it's an indication of corroded contacts on the relay ... although this seldom happens in a properly designed system

headlight ko kasi ganun,e.... siguro nga relay prob lang..bumili na ako ng replacement..mahal ang original toyota headlight relay,e...

repairable ba mga relay na ganito?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    peru tapos na po wiring ko. pwede na ba ito? ang hirap na kasi ulitin pa yung switch ko to make it a negative switching type... and my source with the thermostat trigger line is positive kasi eh...
    If it's working, wag mo nang galawin.

Seriously, merong relays na polarized yung 85 & 86 terminals, pero karamihan hindi. So pwedeng magkabali-baligtad yung +/- sa 85/86.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
My Relay Connection (tama ba?)