New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    gud pm posible po ba to set-up mp3 player 128Mb sa car stereo?pano po ba magset-up nito? i need help din po kung how much po murang car stereo w/built-in cd/mp3 kung di po pwede ung mga 128Mb mp3 player...

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede ata siya, pero dapat may aux-in yung current HU mo. yun nga lang, limited ka to the size of your memory, di tulad na pag palit ka to mp3 HU, pwede na mag max 700mb :

wrong section bro. mods, pakilipat nalang sa car electronics

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    128 MB MP3 player? hmmm. imho, yung resources required nya is bigger than the music that you are about to enjoy.

suggestion is that for you to use na lang a generic FM transmitter. dami nyang ganyan sa mga electronic shops. fits most MP3 players...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I'm not sure if this gadget, FM transmitter you are talking about is the same one as we use here. Our's is plugged directly to the cigarette lighter slot, where you can then set it to a frequency which is not used by other FM stations. Set your FM radio to the same frequency and presto, your mp3 music is played right into your car audio system. One good thing with the gadget is it has a USB slot where you can plugged your flask disk. I'm using 2 giga flaskdisk for my MP3 files but my friends used their card reader from their desktops. This way the can insert any type of memory, MMC, SD, XD, etc. that they maybe using in their cellphone, digicam, etc. And it has a remote control to rundown on the music files you want to play. This has made the CD changer obsolete, and eliminate the need to buy a new car stereo that can play MP3!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ako, i'm leaning more towards the AUX in solution, kaso ung mga known brands usually don't have it. on the other hand, a lot of PROLINE models do have it(nababaduyan lang nga ako sa fascia/front design ng HUs nila, and i don't particularly find the buttons/levers for equalizer control all that cool)

i also chanced upon a PROLINE HU (The Garage ata sa basement ng Shoppesville) that has CD slot, AUX in, USB port, and SD card slot(up to 2gb), around 5k. magsawa ka sa audio inputs B)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Odiong929 View Post
    I'm not sure if this gadget, FM transmitter you are talking about is the same one as we use here. Our's is plugged directly to the cigarette lighter slot, where you can then set it to a frequency which is not used by other FM stations. Set your FM radio to the same frequency and presto, your mp3 music is played right into your car audio system. One good thing with the gadget is it has a USB slot where you can plugged your flask disk. I'm using 2 giga flaskdisk for my MP3 files but my friends used their card reader from their desktops. This way the can insert any type of memory, MMC, SD, XD, etc. that they maybe using in their cellphone, digicam, etc. And it has a remote control to rundown on the music files you want to play. This has made the CD changer obsolete, and eliminate the need to buy a new car stereo that can play MP3!
    yes... its also a FM transmitter. daming variants nyan eh.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Ipod works for me.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Bro, flash-based yung 128MB MP3 player mo I assume? AFAIK, bihira sa mga flash-based MP3 players ang may AC/DC jack - madalas batteries lang ang source of power. So, even if you are able to somehow connect it sa HU mo (through tape adapter, aux-in, CD-in, FM transmitter), yung "playing time" mo eh depende sa batts nung player.

Nga pala, some FM transmitter gets is power from the MP3 player's power source so kung AA/AAA batteries lang ang power source, madaling maubos.

Baka mas better of ka na MP3/DAF-capable HU. Yung sinabi ni Badkuk na ProLine HU, oks yun - mura na yung HU, very decent pa ang audio (not unless you prefere branded HUs).

Good luck.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup mura na lang HU na MP3...5K meron na pioneer pa

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    yes... its also a FM transmitter. daming variants nyan eh.
    one good thing about the FM transmitter is that when you park several cars within 50 meter radius garage, you can tune all your car audio to the same music using only one MP3 player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
mp3 player for car