New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Ask ko lang mga peeps: If you have to choose for a 6.5" Midbass speakers for rear fill between Ryan Audio, Lanzar or Targa (if it has midbass), which one would you buy? Please include your reason/s if you want. TIA.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    personally i like targa the best among the three. best value for money vis-a-vis performance. pero if i were in your shoes, i'd just leave the rear fill stock and get me a 10" sub

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Agree ako. Just leave the stock rear speakers and power using head unit. Use the money to buy a 10 or 12 inch sub. Better results. Yung iba nga walang rear fill para mas maganda ang imaging.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Bro kung may extra budget try mo yung targa na X-series, ok na affordable pa.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I agree with all of you sirs. But for now, I've decided not use an amp or a sub. My budget for a fairly decent setup was used up in an unexpected expenses. I'm after fair SQ. I already have a pair of 6.5" Infinity Reference 6012i coax which I bought for P3,500. I placed them in the front doors. I decided to get them, instead of separates, because Infinity seps cost almost P6,000 and because I was told coax needs lesser power than seps. I power my speakers only through my Pioneer DEH4850.

My rear speakers are stock 6.5" Clarions. As I won't be installing a sub and amp in the near future and since I need some level of bass, I'm thinking of replacing the rear stocks with a pair of 6.5" midbass. A shop here in Angeles City offered Ryan Audio to me at P1, 900. The Lanzar midbass is also in the same price category.

I've heard many comments about how good Targas are for low-cost speakers. But the problem is, I could not find Targa seps (particularly X652c) here. A friend offered to sell me a pair of Targa but they're not X series.. TX something sila and seems smaller than 6.5".

Another shop here offered 6X9 Infinity Reference 9613i that supposedly would provide my system with fair level of bass. But they cost P5,600. I'm looking for cheaper rear fill speakers that produce enough bass for SQ listening.

THanks for your help peeps. Pardon me for the OT.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same with ssaloon. targa

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    looks like we have the same problem, budgetwise at least. I have the 2006 City with the stock sound system: Fujitsu Ten HU + 4X6.5" speakers all around. I'm a tad disappointed with the stock sound. It could definitely use a little more ooomph. My old L200's stock sound system sounds better (and adequate for my taste) although it doesn't have a cd player. It has 4" speakers in front and those big 3-way speakers at the back (standalone things that hang from a bracket).

First, i'm planning to replace the fronts with seps. If that doesn't work, will replace the rear speakers with something more "bassier". Since the L200 uses those 3-ways in the rear, i was thinking those 6.5" 3-ways might work, until i saw your post. Midbass might be more logical. Hopefully that will be good enough already or else will have to go for a sub and amp. Aside from the expense, another reason I'd like to avoid the sub & amp route is that I'm not sure if the HU can handle it.

Anyway, please keep us posted. Am very interested in what happens to your system. TIA

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Targa for me. More bang-for-the buck.

Midbass: Ryan Audio, Lanzar or Targa?