New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ey guys,
    i'm missing some mid bass in the car and hindi ko na ma-compensate with my eq. i have 4inch seps in front (due to limited space) and 5inch coax speakers at the rear - both are mb quart and are powered by a decent 4-channel amp. i also have a free air blaupunkt 12" sub (tama ba term?) at the rear na dumadaan sa crossover.

i don't have any plans of buying any more hardware since hindi talaga ako audio guy (napasubo lang), i'd rather spend on performance...

my questions are:
    1) apart from tweaking my crossover to get mid bass, can i get better low and mid bass if i box my sub?
    2) what type of sub box?
    3) how much would this box cost? where?
    3) can i set it up so i can remove my sub box if i need the trunk space?

pasensya na sa dami ng tanong. thanks in advance bros!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by tarmac
    ey guys,
    i'm missing some mid bass in the car and hindi ko na ma-compensate with my eq. i have 4inch seps in front (due to limited space) and 5inch coax speakers at the rear
    Pareho tayo ng problema, hirap ma-produce ang mid-bass with smaller speakers and limited space.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala talaga tayong magagawa if maliit ang mga midrange natin...herhehrehr

actually, 6.5 un akin...but hindi ganun kaganda ang midbass, siguro dahil sa tuning ko na rin...im in full active now..sira na mga passive crossovers ko...hrurhurhurhu

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mo itaas crossover setting ng subwoofer mo to compensate for the weak midbass ng 4" seps mo..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by yamyam
    try mo itaas crossover setting ng subwoofer mo to compensate for the weak midbass ng 4" seps mo..
    this is what i do..
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks for the replies.

hinahabol ko na lang sa x-over ng sub para lumakas yung mid-bass. what about my sub question? any benefits of having the sub boxed? ty ulit.

mid bass question