New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Hi to all. Just want to get your suggestions on a good SQ set-up for Mazda3 Hatchback. Here's one I got from another forum:

changed them to:
    - infinity reference 6800 CS - front
    - infinity reference 6800 CF - rear
    - these are 5x7/6x8 which are just direct replacements for the stock speakers

then added:
    - infinity basslink for the sub

Is this already a good SQ set-up? How does Infinity compare with JL in terms of sound quality and value for money?
    Does the Infinity Basslink give enough bass?

Hope to hear from you guys, specially from the sounds gurus.
    Thanks!

P.S. Need to get prices too and where to get them cheapest.
    P.M. me if necessary.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    infinity reference is good naman.had some old school models..yes, they are more "sq"...and as always, discussing 2 brands that you havent heard perform will be a very difficult task.

audition the brands that you have in mind and then decide from there.

ps: we, in kotseaudioclub, will have our GRAND EB this coming saturday, nov 20 at pioneer center in pasig.

please do come.newbies are encouraged to come since alot of set ups are going to be available for audition.

registration starts at 1pm onwards.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    *GlennSter
    Thanks for the advice. What time is the EB?
    I'll be there for audition n din. I was eyeing an all JL set-up after hearing the Xtrail at motorshow last month at megamall. The Infinity naman, I saw at Autosport mega pero di ko narinig tumunog. Btw, i just live in mandaluyong, and I get my groceries at Pioneer Center.
    Last edited by arielt72; November 17th, 2004 at 11:18 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    arielt72,

See you on Saturday!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pasakay narin..pangarap ko yang mazda 3 eh..herhehrehr

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    infinity is a very good brand imo. i've been using them for years (both home and car audio).

however, if you're looking for SQ, you won't get very far with 5x7 or 6x8's. spend the extra money and get separates.

also, the Basslink doesn't have enough power or the capability to get the ultra-low frequencies that you'll need for SQ. i would suggest a conventional subwoofer that's at least 10" in diameter.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    arielt72, i just live near pioneer center at diyan kami nagmimili. i'm driving mazda3 s. hope to meet you someday

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    m54, thanks for the advise. basslink just luks gud to me dats y i was planning to get it. will be looking for more alternatives before buying.

323f, i'm drivin a black mz3 hb. no plates yet.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ariel... please do drop by at protegetech.org

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    mazdamazda, got myself registered at protegetech.org, still waiting for activation.
    btw, my username there is HBluvr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mazda3 HB sound set-up suggestions