New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What would you guys recommend? here is the scenario:

- I dont want to change my headunit because i think my steering wheel control won't work with another headunit. my car is a Chevrolet Optra. Car enthusiasts would know that this car has a stock blaupunkt headunit with a 5 cd changer below it.

- I plan to change my speakers and add subwoofer(s)

- I have at home a brand new V12 alpine ( vr 307 ata) amplifier and if possible, i want to use this.

- Budget, 15thousand. 20 thousand tops.

if i change the headunit to another blaupunkt, will my steering wheel controls still work? i also plan to straight bluapunkt my car. is gtb300 blaupunkt sub good? can it be powered by my v12 amp?

thanks in advance tsikoteers!!! cheers!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe. kung ayaw mo ng HU mo, benta mo na lang sa akin. and afaik, blaupunkt is ok, but i still prefer alpine, pioneer and clarion. mostly blaupunkt is installed sa mga euro cars so talagang hindi pang "bom-boom" ang pagkakagawa nya. its more on the easy-going sounds... but if you would want to try your idea, yes the gtb300 sub can be powered by the v12 amp.

ayaw ko sa Clarion mapili sa CD

15-20K budget? mmm... either 2nd hand branded amps or V12 amps ang sagot diyan.

Seps - check out JBL, Crystal, or the old reliable budget seps >> Targa.

Subs - check out JBL, Crystal or the old reliable subs >> Targa.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    mag-infinity or jbl ka na lang. subs and seps. pasok sa 20k lahat yun.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    there is no guarantee that your steering wheel controls will function with another blaupunkt headunit. it may be possible to use the stock headunit as foundation for a good sounding audio system. an all blaupunkt system isn't a bad idea. i've worked on an all blaupunkt system before using the transparent series speakers and gt amps...and oh...blaupunkt headunit. =) results were pretty good. it held it's own against a few competitors in a vee-dub club event.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    blaupunkt is made in china na di ba? parang xplod?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    afaik, the entry level models are now made in china. but that doesn't indicate that a product will be of substandard quality.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    can i change just the top of it? i mean, if you guys have seen the stock stereo of an optra, it looks like the stereo is attached to the 5 disc cd changer below. is it really attached? another thing, is it a good idea if i just changed it to 2-din? anung brand naman ang ok pag 2-din? (yun mura na maganda tignan)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kewlryds
    there is no guarantee that your steering wheel controls will function with another blaupunkt headunit. it may be possible to use the stock headunit as foundation for a good sounding audio system. an all blaupunkt system isn't a bad idea. i've worked on an all blaupunkt system before using the transparent series speakers and gt amps...and oh...blaupunkt headunit. =) results were pretty good. it held it's own against a few competitors in a vee-dub club event.
    i like your idea... im planning to do that but i just really dont want how my stereo looks. anyways, its the sound that matters. how much does transparent series speaker cost? are they good?

another question though, what are the kinds of speakers? i just know that i have to put seperates in front so it will be clear and bass at the back.. is that right?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i think the headunit and the 5-disc changer are 2 separate units but i'm not 100% sure about it. in general, 2-din headunits are in the high side of the price range. what amount equates to 'mura' for you?

i'm not familiar with the current prices of the ts series. as for how good they are...they do a decent job of reproducing sound, just get them installed properly and you'll be fine.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Low budget sound setup