New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Good day to all!

My ride is a 2006 Toyota Innova E M/T.

Recently I'm experiencing some engine lag on acceleration. I bought an original fuel filter from toyota and changed my filter. Afterwards I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU.

After ECU reset, engine response went back to normal, but when I turned on the radio, no sound came out.

Here are my observations:

1. Head Unit powers On. (After market Pioneer unit).
    2. CD function is ok (it reads and plays the CD as per display unit, but no sound).
    3. Radio functions are ok as per display on HU (but no sound).
    3. When I turn the volume up to 30 (normal listening volume is 8), I can hear a muffed sound of the bass (apparently the signal for the sub woofer)

My simple audio setup includes seps, an amp, and a subwoofer. Gusto ko lang magkaron ng idea if I just overlooked something before bringing the unit sa audio shops.

Any thoughts on this? TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are your speakers powered by the amp? Is the amp turning on? It could be a lose wire to the battery. The big red one.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Are your speakers powered by the amp? Is the amp turning on? It could be a lose wire to the battery. The big red one.
    yup, amp is powered on and powered nya yung speakers and sub. i'll try to reconnect the power line for the amp when i get home though afaik tight naman yung pagkakabalik ko ng connection sa terminal.

thanks otep.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di kaya nag reset yung settings ng amp?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    di kaya nag reset yung settings ng amp?
    i bought the car na nakaset-up na audio system. it came with a v12 amp. is there a way to tell if na-reset yung settings ng amp?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The v12 amp has a pilot light to tell you if its on or if it has gone into protect mode. There is also a fuse on the amp itself and near the battery.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The v12 amp has a pilot light to tell you if its on or if it has gone into protect mode. There is also a fuse on the amp itself and near the battery.
    Pilot light is lit, so im assuming there are no busted fuses. Dalawa nga pala yung fuses nung unit. Problem is the amp is bolted under the front passenger seat so medyo di madaling ma-access yung settings nya.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield_08 View Post
    Pilot light is lit, so im assuming there are no busted fuses. Dalawa nga pala yung fuses nung unit. Problem is the amp is bolted under the front passenger seat so medyo di madaling ma-access yung settings nya.
    check mo yung fuse ng main line ng amplifier yung malapit sa batter.. meron ka ba nung mga jumbo type na fuse with acrylic case?? try mo palitan yun minsan dun nag loose connection yan

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    check mo yung fuse ng main line ng amplifier yung malapit sa batter.. meron ka ba nung mga jumbo type na fuse with acrylic case?? try mo palitan yun minsan dun nag loose connection yan
    if busted yung fuse sa may battery or loose yung connection di ba di na mag-power on yung amp? amp is powered on, so ok naman yung main fuse sa may battery, hindi pa siya blown, pero i'll check pa rin the connections just in case. thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano kulay ng ilaw? If green, usually power. but if red, baka nag safe mode na.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast