New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I have some questions regarding the two topics above...

Lights:

What's a good alternative other than PIAA for "white" headlights? Alam ko medyo pricey kasi yung PIAA... can anyone suggest another brand and model of headlights? BTW yung plug and play yung gusto ko. Hindi na dapat palitan yung harness at relay.

Sounds:

What's a good setup (in terms of speaker type, not brand) for SQ. Yung tipong as close to stock as possible. Yung minimal (or better yet wala) butas lang yung installation. I just want clean, but not booming, bass and crisp high and mids. Something like the stock audio of some higher end model cars. For sure good seps for the front. The other components I don't know. Yoko sana magsubwoofer... don't want to sacrifice trunk space eh.

Any suggentions?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    green, wag ka na mag white headlights kasi bulag ka pag umuulan. and la kang mahahanap na bulbs without having to install a relay kasi lahat ay higher wattage than stock kahit papano, even if it says only 60w input and 100w output for example. stick with stock colored bulbs IMHO.

sa sounds naman, depende sa budget mo yan bro. magandang brands para sa seps are focal IMHO, mejo pricey ngalang.... specify your estimated budget para matulungan ka ng mga sound gurus!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ssaloon: about the lights, gusto ko lang ng panapat sa mga buwiset na owner (bato - bato sa langit... matamaan wag magalit :wink dito sa Cavite na wala yatang low beam yung mga ilaw... About the sounds... mga 20K to 30K yung budget. I'm thinking about MB Quart seps sa unahan...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    green,

Are you from PAD?

Anyway, i agree with ssaloon. The bright whites are really blind in bad weather. The beam doesn't cut through rain or fog, unless you opt for the true HID/Xenon lamps with ballast and wire harness set.

I've tried to upgrade to different bulb brands and most, if not all, of them will not be as bright and will not last as long if you don't have a relay. If you happen to spot a sale of PIAA/IPF/Raybrig wire harness, which includes the relays, that would be a good investment. Relays and thicker wires setup do a good job for most of us.

About audio, it's best to attend EBs first before you setup. We all have different tastes in music and how we want to hear them. Audition (installed/in-car) as many systems first. That way, you have a better idea on what you like. Based on your posts earlier, look for peeps with SQ setups. There's an EB coming up this weekend, you want to start there.

Goodluck! Keep us updated.:mrgreen:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Zhero: Yup... I'm the same makulit green from PAD :mrgreen:

Thanks for the invite for the EB... but I'm always kinda tied up during weekends these days... planning for something kasi eh...:wink: Tingnan nalang natin kung makahanap ng time.

Anyways as for the bulbs, I think I'll go with the really strong normal lights nalang as you guys have said. Medyo mahirap kung di ka makakita tapos umuulan ng malakas.

For the setup... I really just want a system where I can appreciate good music. I don't want to sacrifice my trunk space. I just want the vocals clear, the instruments bright, and the bass crisp but not boomy. I'm thinking seps in front. mid basses on the rear deck and coaxials (or seps narin) sa rear door. What do you tink about that plan?

Thanks for the info... keep 'em coming though... medyo ignorante tayo sa ganitong bagay...:P

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    green,
    i didn't quite get what you meant by mid basses on the rear deck? but even keeping ur stock speakers at the back would be ok, adding a good pair of speakers (seps or coaxials) for the front would be a good idea. why not put new speakers at the rear, coz most of the time when you watch tv or listen to music the sound comes up front, so most of the car audio fanatics have faded there rear speakers and most of the sound comes upfront. hope this helps.:D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    green,

Just like what m0nd said, sounds should come from the front. Imagine yourself in a concert or a bar with a band playing. That's what you would want to recreate in your car.

You can just stick to your old rear speakers and get really good quality separates for your front, the biggest the could fit your doors.

I don't want to sacrifice my trunk space. I just want the vocals clear, the instruments bright, and the bass crisp but not boomy.
    hhmmm... imagine again the scenario above. If it was an orchestra or a jazz band with large drums and double bass instruments, you may just hear a hint of them when they sound. However, if you want to hear them like it was live, then you may need a subwoofer.:mrgreen:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron sub called free air, or u can put a bazooka type of a sub.

Lights and Sounds