New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Alpine LCD on my Honda is no longer working, but the unit itself is still working, it's just a guessing game though when you use the controls.

Should I have the lcd repaired or have the whole unit replaced? Parang sayang kasi yung unit since it is still working, but if same cost lang to replace eh di palitan na lang.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cs_nognog View Post
    Alpine LCD on my Honda is no longer working, but the unit itself is still working, it's just a guessing game though when you use the controls.

Should I have the lcd repaired or have the whole unit replaced? Parang sayang kasi yung unit since it is still working, but if same cost lang to replace eh di palitan na lang.
    Well, you just answered your own question.

Anyway, have the head-unit checked and have an estimate for repair done so you won't be guessing. For all you know, the problem might just be a loose wire or similar.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Well, you just answered your own question.

Anyway, have the head-unit checked and have an estimate for repair done so you won't be guessing. For all you know, the problem might just be a loose wire or similar.
    Well, from experience, does it usually cost the same? I feel like it's a waste just to get rid of the original unit, but then again I'm also practical.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Get rid of the car... hehehe. Yung bagong headunits ngayon daming features compared to old ones.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cs_nognog View Post
    Well, from experience, does it usually cost the same? I feel like it's a waste just to get rid of the original unit, but then again I'm also practical.

For experience, sometimes surprises happen. When my digcam's LCD screen got cracked, Canon replaced it and charged me less than P3,000 for it (parts and labor). The camera costed me P18k (new).

It won't cost you anything to have it diagnosed. But if you are aching for a new headunit, it's a great excuse to buy a newer model HU.

LCD no longer working, replace head unit or repair?