New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    hi,

i have a 2001 nissan exalta grandeur that is equipped with a clarion cd/vcd changer with a pop up lcd monitor. the hu has an aux input which would be ideal for the ipod, but unfortunately, i can't find the proper adapter cable (8 pin round socket). the ones that PIE has are the square type connectors. i wouldn't mind changing my head unit, but sayang naman kung di ko na magagamit yung steering wheel controls, etc. would it be possible to upgrade to a newer clarion head unit and still be able to use the lcd screen and integrate the ipod as well? any help will be greatly appreciated....thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by radiohead View Post
    hi,

i have a 2001 nissan exalta grandeur that is equipped with a clarion cd/vcd changer with a pop up lcd monitor. the hu has an aux input which would be ideal for the ipod, but unfortunately, i can't find the proper adapter cable (8 pin round socket). the ones that PIE has are the square type connectors. i wouldn't mind changing my head unit, but sayang naman kung di ko na magagamit yung steering wheel controls, etc. would it be possible to upgrade to a newer clarion head unit and still be able to use the lcd screen and integrate the ipod as well? any help will be greatly appreciated....thanks!

i am sure may proper adaptor cable dyan... try to look sa apple center.

ipod integration to a stock cd/vcd system