New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hi guys,

Currently I'm using an fm transmitter na okay naman ang tunog, minsan may konting hugong, minsan wala.

I'm planning to buy a new stereo head unit for my car with aux in.

My question is:

may difference ba sa sound quality kung
    1.) Headphone Jack to Aux in
    vs.
    2.) Ipod dock to aux in

parang mas mura kasi yung headphone jack to aux in kasi 3.5 mm cable lang na less than 50 yon sa ace hardware.
    not sure sa presyo ng dock connector to aux in, pero yung overall sound quality ano ang panalo?
    how about sound volume?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    imho it's just the same. kaya lang if you use the 3.5mm cable, and if sobrang lakas or hina ang volume mo sa ipod, medyo may distortion. but if sa middle lang ang volume, it should be okay. I use 3.5mm jack also. But if you use the dock connector, the volume would totally be controlled by the stereo. the volume on the ipod wont matter.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    all I can say is that sobrang laki ng difference in terms of sound quality if you use headphone jack (yung bilog) at yung pang dock (where you sync you Ipod to your pc)

pero ok na ang headphone jack IMO but if you really want clean music go for yung pang dock connector

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    dipende rin siguro sa HU pero malaki nga ang difference ng headphone jack and yung mga ib connectors siguro sa wire na ginamit na rin

Ipod to Car Stereo question