New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Guys,

Question lang po.

May ibibigay kasi sa kin yung friend ko na Pioneer CD Changer.

Nde ko lang alam ngayon kung papaano ko ba mai interface yung CD Changer ko sa Pioneer Stereo ko na Tape Deck lang ang laman.

Ang naalala ko lang, may RCA input yata yung Stereo ko.

Questions.
    1. Sa RCA input nga ba kinakabit ito?
    2. May bibilhin pa ba akong additional na gamit?
    3. Papaano yung controls nung CD Changer, say Next Track, Previous Track or Change CD. Im sure nde kayang controllin yun nang Stereo ko? Papaano kaya yun?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    First thing you need to check is if your Pionner HU has controls for a CD changer. Now, assuming that it does, not all Pioneer CD changers would "fit" with any Pionner HU that has controls for a CD changer. There are some HU-specific changers. Check what is the model of that changer you'd be recieving. Now once you have it, hit the Internet and locate which HU is it compatible with. If you find it and if you see that your HU is not on the model list that it is compatible with, then you have already lucked-out by 50%

But since you said that your HI has RCA, then it could be rigged for an RF CD changer reception. That is, if the CD changer you would be receiving is for RF. On these types of setups, the quality of your CD audio would be limited by tby the quality of your HU. So, if sound quality is important and you have some monye lying abouts, then I'd recommend you get an HU wtih built-in CD changer controls.

My best advice to you my friend before starting anything is do some homework on your HU (what it is capable of) and on the CD changer (what it is capable of). Once you get all the info, then you would practically have 50% of your task done.

Good luck.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Thanks for the comprehensive reply dre. I will your advice. Thanks =)

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Your welcome. Let us know how your project would turn out.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Please post the models of your HU and CD changer and we'll see what Google can dig up...

Interfacing a CD Changer to a Regular Car Stereo