Jan 2009
    Such as this:

or this:

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41tm***Ap9L.jpg[/img]

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Curios lang. Anung advantage sa ordinary RCA cable?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Curios lang. Anung advantage sa ordinary RCA cable?
    Ground Loop Isolators

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    *oj

are you having noise?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*oj

are you having noise?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by benchman View Post
    *oj

are you having noise?

*oj

are you having noise?
    Yeah, from the sub preouts to the powered sub. Vehicle noises, like computer buzzing, a bit of whining and pops when electrical loads in the car are turned on or off. Noises stop whenever I disconnect the preouts from the amp, so it's not the amp. No noises as well from the main speakers.

Checked all grounds and they're fine. I did found out that the amp RCA inputs have floating ground but not on the HU, so on the HU, the chassis ground and the preout/signal ground are common. So i've reason to beleive that there exists a ground loop.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    aside from poor grounding system, check your RCA cables. never run/route your RCA along with any power cables. say if you have the RCAs laying on the left side of your car, run your power cable on the right then.
    also check for stripped RCA insulators or there could be jammed/pinned RCA cable somewhere.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Problem may be solved by wiring another ground line direct from battery, hu power supply, shielded cables up to the last audio accessory. This works for me everytime i encounter noise.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Yeah, from the sub preouts to the powered sub. Vehicle noises, like computer buzzing, a bit of whining and pops when electrical loads in the car are turned on or off. Noises stop whenever I disconnect the preouts from the amp, so it's not the amp. No noises as well from the main speakers.

Checked all grounds and they're fine. I did found out that the amp RCA inputs have floating ground but not on the HU, so on the HU, the chassis ground and the preout/signal ground are common. So i've reason to beleive that there exists a ground loop.
    -how did you check the grounding? you can use a dvm(with fresh 9v batter) and all ground points should be 0.2 ohm
    -the computer buzz/hum is the sound of coil whine in some motherboards or power supplies or videocards.

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

-how did you check the grounding? you can use a dvm(with fresh 9v batter) and all ground points should be 0.2 ohm
    -the computer buzz/hum is the sound of coil whine in some motherboards or power supplies or videocards.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Or in my case, power supply or the vehicle ECM/ECU/PCM computer whine.

I really don't want to tear down the cables again and/or spend a fortune on expensive cables and grounding kits. I did mention that this just happens on the sub-woofer. I think that a ground loop isolator, even though it might just be a band-aid solution, should be enough. This, again is just covering the sub-frequency band, inserting a filter shouldn't cause it to lose perceptible sonic performance.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Lipat mo yung ground ng sub amp mo. Use short cable. Loose grounding lang yan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast