New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hi guys i need your help!

i have a problem with my sound system, and im a newbie regarding those kind of stuff.

Nagpasetup ako 3 months ago, ng subs 2 kicker ex 12 inch with box, wirings, alpine v12 amplifiers and separates. i got them all second hand. okay na lahat and im very satisfied.

but then i dont like the big box that comes with it so i decided to have a box made smaller by our carpenter, so what i did is to take off all the wirings that are connected to the amplifier and subs and labeled them (since i dont know where to put them back again).

after a week my new box was made and the subs are put back in place again. as i am putting all the wirings again i heard a loud prrrtrtttrtrt! sound on one of the 6x9 speakers, and then amoy sunog na yung HU ko (9000 series na pioneer) after that wala nang sound lahat ng speakers ko but then the HU is still on and gumagana. I had it checked sa pioneer service center and said that the unit's IC was damaged and they need to replace it, which they did.

tapos pinakabait ko na lahat sa isang marunong magsetup diyan sa makati. pero after that parang hindi na ako satisfied sa tunog ng system ko. parang humina at parang sabog na. malinaw pag in dash cd ginamit ko pero pag fm parang mahina and parang mahina din sa CD changer. and sometimes i hear a noise coming from one of the 6x9 parang may tricycle na naka idle ang makina sa tabi, ang tunog.

nasira kaya yung speaker ko? minsan lang naman lumabas ung tunog e, tapos bakit sa cd changer parang hindi na siya gaya ng dati ang tunog? mahina na ang subs pag dun pinapatugtog. what seems to be the problem? mukang ayos naman yung ampli. sa HU kaya nasira na permanent un?

pls help thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    yung box ng subs may specs yun kung gaano kalaki, at anong setup ng box, eg. merong box na ported, meron ding sealed. also the material you used in making the new box is important. hindi lang basta plywood yan. pwedeng your problem is with your new box.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa box lang un bro.. better go back with the old box na malaki o kaya better use one sub na lang

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MDF ba ginamit?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    there is a sound level adjustment feature on your headunit that allows you to match signal output levels for each of the sources(tuner, cd, changer) the level setting for the in-dash cd might set too high. that might be the cause for the difference in output of the cd and tuner and cd changer. as for the noise, ii'm not sure hwat's causing it but the noise might be you hearing the cd transport system operating.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ah ganun ba un thanks guys. ply wood lang gamit ko saka maliit ung box para lang kumasya sa trunk. pano ba iadjust ung mga outputs ng cd tuner and cd changer di ko mahanap e.

saka ung noise hindi sa cd changer un nasa tabi ko ung changer e naririnig ko talaga sa likod na 6x9. baka butas o punit na kaya? pero minsan lang lumalabas minsan hindi.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    press the audio button and select SLA in the menu. from there, you can adjust the levels of the cd and cd changer in relation to the tuner.

as for the noise, i still don't have much to go on. best way for me is to actually listen to it and determine what's happening.

I think i busted by sound system