New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    help,

my stereo sounds weird...
    the humming sound goes with the acceleration.

what will i do?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka electrical problem yan... shorted alternator or power supply kaya?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    its called static. try to check the ground of your sounds system. may mga amps ka ba?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Or the power cable is closedly placed inbetween with the speaker wires...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    static tawag dyan. the worst enemy of car audio enthusiasts - try getting a ground loop isolator to help minimize or remove the static

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On my rig, all the power wire run along the passenger side while all the speaker wires run along the driver's side.

This is the proper way of doing it.

If your installer just placed the power and speaker wires alongside each other the you will get static.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or put a FILTER on the power supply, since sabi mo sabay sa acceleration ang frequency ng interference. i suspect that the interference is coming from your alternator. here's how to do it...

simple lang yan, just connect a 1000mf 16V capacitor across the positive and negative supply terminals of your HU. just remember that connecting a capacitor is (+) to (+) and (-) to (-) terminals. you need a 16 volt capacitor because the output of the alternator is around 15.6V, pag mas mababa ang voltage rating baka pumutok yung capacitor.

this solution is worth trying first since a 1000mf16V capacitor cost only less than P20. you can buy this from any electronics store or repair shop.

tell us if it works. may nag-post na dati nyan dito sa tsikot, i gave the same advice. he said he wil try it and posted that he had already bought the capacitor and will install it next day. then he stopped posting, so i suppose the problem was solved.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mukhang ako ata yun a nawala yung nabili kong capacitor, kaya hindi ko pa na try
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yaman.. may capacitor na siya..hehe/.. penge naman....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    P6.00 lang cost ng capacitor
    Signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
humming sound when accelerating