New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Im planning on upgrading my HU for my city. Please help me decide what model and brand based on the following features that I am looking for:
    1. primary source of media will come from IPOD, should have quick search function for playlists since i have a ton of songs/playlists.
    2. I want to be able to use still the audio controls on my steering wheel.
    3. i want sana ( although not sure if possible) to be able to use the aux connection/ipod connection near the gears and cup holder. I liked the idea kasi na nakatago yung ipod doon and gusto ko sana magamit padin yun as the area of connection...
    budget would be from 5k to 20k...recomendations guys?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by extrarice311 View Post
    Im planning on upgrading my HU for my city. Please help me decide what model and brand based on the following features that I am looking for:
    1. primary source of media will come from IPOD, should have quick search function for playlists since i have a ton of songs/playlists.
    3. i want sana ( although not sure if possible) to be able to use the aux connection/ipod connection near the gears and cup holder. I liked the idea kasi na nakatago yung ipod doon and gusto ko sana magamit padin yun as the area of connection...

Hi Extrarice311,

You might want to consider Growl Audio OEM HU. You may check my posting on Sulit.com and contact me if you are interested. Here is the link.

Growl Audio (GrowlAudioPro) Philippines

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by extrarice311 View Post
    Sorry extrarice, I can't answer your query as head unit lineups refresh annually and keeping track of the same-old features isn't something I excel in. Best to simply read their features and judge whether you need it or not.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Get a AVH-3350BT or any AVH series you prefer. They're available locally then a PAC SWI Jack for your wired remote interface. Not really sold on generic head units due to a bad experience with them. Sound quality is crap. I dunno with the latest ones, but it kinda stuck to me.

1. Pioneer has an easy to use interface.
    2. Here's where the PAC SWI Jack remote interface comes in. You'll be able to use your steering wheel audio controls. A seller in sulit has one, pero kinda pricey at 5k. I also need one for my car, and might order one overseas. Let me know, we could split the shipping charges.
    3. I think the USB is infront. Higher models of Pioneer has their USB at the rear.