New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hi guys.. i have a problem. kasi recently, i got a padala.. Aura component set, pinalagay ko sa harapan.. HU ko is a JVC, yung stock ng Hyundai Matrix, may pre amp na sya.

nung pagka kabit ko nung compo set, may seps, crossover passive, midwoofer plus pioneed 3 way sa likod, when ever i play a song that has a hard bass, for example mga songs ni fergie, nag o-off on yung HU ko, pero pag mga rock like godsmack, ok naman sya..

napansin ko, pag lumampas na ng 17 yung volume, dun sya namamatay.. ano kayang problema nito? may tama na kaya HU ko?

Tomorow, papa kabit na ako ng 12 sub, audioline ang tatak? naka try na ba kayo nun? 1k watts daw eh. plus v12 amp na alpine.

im worried na kasi baka i might experience the same problem na mag on and off..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guess lang, hindi kaya nakakalog sa lakas ng bass? hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Most probably,

1. Your amplifier is overdrived by a strong audio signal from your player. If you have the specs, determine the maximum audio voltage input of your amplifier. Otherwise, you have to limit your input. Take care, the power transistors or IC are reaching the saturation point, which in turn it will cause total failure.

2. Check your impedance matching between your amplifier and your speakers.
    3. Check your dc mains power supply for possible voltage DIP during heavy bass.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sounds like it might be a #3... time for capacitors, baka di na kaya ng set-up mo yung power-drain...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    do you experience electricals dimming when bass is loud? try checking the battery terminals. baka may corrosion. experienced something similar pero my HU turns off and back on when the compressor kicks in
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dimming? check ground din...
    much better kung mapapacheck mo yung HU mo para ma isolate kagad ang problem.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5 View Post
    do you experience electricals dimming when bass is loud? try checking the battery terminals. baka may corrosion. experienced something similar pero my HU turns off and back on when the compressor kicks in

saakin din.. mismo!! THEN THE COMPRESSOR KICKS IN. or pag malakas lang talaga yung bass.

1600 watts 12 inch yung sub ko, plus v12 amp alpine.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by benzoyl View Post
    saakin din.. mismo!! THEN THE COMPRESSOR KICKS IN. or pag malakas lang talaga yung bass.

1600 watts 12 inch yung sub ko, plus v12 amp alpine.
    Ussually the battery can take up to 100A load for a short period of time. The main problem there is the wiring system (from alternator-battery to load distribution, adding there are relays and switches involved). To be sure about this, directly connect your amps to the battery terminals and observe if the problem remains the same. Assuming that the problem is eliminated, it can be concluded that the original wiring sizes or ampacity are not safely designed to upgrade the sounds to that magnitude. So, the solution is to make additional wiring based on the requirements of the additional load directly to the battery using proper protection(fuse) and relays controlled by the main key switch-accessory. The bigger the size of the wire, the better it can eliminate voltage drops.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    naka kabit na po yung subs directly sa battery, with a fuse. came in with the wiring kit, got it for 1.4k, presyong kaibigan.

i cleaned the battery terminal earlier, daming corrosion.. mga white thingies na parang powder flakes. scrubbed it with a steel brish pati yung sa battery.. observe ko tomorrow kung mag o off yung hu. kanina tinesting ko, hindi naman sya nag off maski nasa no. 20 yung volume.

I have to say ha.. nagulat ako sa performance ng mga square faced subs. ang lakas grabe! saka yung mga malaysia na alpine v12 (allegedly fake), ganda ng performance. i had to put the bass to mid pa nga, instead of low.. lakas kasi talaga. box ko came from jet audio.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hope the solution was cleaning of the terminals para iwas na rin sa bigger gastos if ever..
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
HU turns off and back on when bass is up!??