New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hello, I am looking to buy a decent head unit with usb and aux (hidden aux and USB is a big plus but not necessary) - actually aux is more important than USB but it would be nice to have a USB port. I dont need a remote but its a plus. RCA output for a sub is a plus but not necessary.

I dont mind buying a beefed up older model ('07 or '06) with killer specs that is priced as much as a low end '08 - is that a good idea?

I dont want to spend a fortune (budget around P2k-P3k but slightly flexible for a higher end model- would prefer the best bang for the buck though). Cleanest sound reproduction preferred. I would prefer pioneer or sony. Any ideas? Hope to hear from you gurus. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Try JVC KD-G230.

Overview

Enjoy JVC quality performance at a budget price with the KD-G230 CD receiver. Its detachable faceplate features a nicely sized control knob and a bright easy-to-read display. The included remote control lets you keep your eyes on the road while adjusting your stereo.
    The KD-G230's powerful built-in amplifier will bring out robust sound from all your CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files. You can also plug your portable music player into the convenient front-panel auxiliary input. JVC's flexible iEQ offers treble, midrange, and bass controls to customize the sound. Have a bigger system in mind? Use the set of preamp outputs to connect your external amp or powered sub.
    Details:

• General features:
    • CD receiver with built-in MOSFET amplifier (20 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
    • plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files)
    • detachable face
    • remote control
    • Audio features:
    • iEQ 3-band equalizer
    • Expandability:
    • inputs: front-panel auxiliary input
    • outputs: one set of preamp outputs (selectable subwoofer output)
    • Other info:
    • CEA-2006 compliant
    • warranty: 1 year
    • Price........$80.00. Cant beat that. On the model number maybe diff. on the asian market but prices are w/ in that range. Compare the product specification on the related model on the asian market JVC. If you found it maki pagbaratan kana kasi out of year na model na ito.
    Last edited by v6dreamer; June 14th, 2008 at 06:07 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    with the budget --

pioneer 1050 would fit your budget but better to get the 2050 if budget permits.

the usb is not hidden pero these two are the best to fit your budget.
    Last edited by archie123456789; June 14th, 2008 at 10:08 AM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I've got this one for less than 6K. brandnew and worth the price.
    Flip Down FL Display with frontal USB input and aux.
    can play CD/MP3/WMA/ATRAC3plus/ AAC.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    http://www.mp3playerstore.com/, take a look at some head units here too..

HU advice please