New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    my fm tuner is ok but sometimes get statics especially when near other stations. sometimes pumapasok ang audio ng ibang fm stations to the current station i'm tuned to. reception is ok and mukhang malakas kasi i can get some fm stations from another city which i didn't have in my other car stereo. paano kaya tanggalin and static from other stations? do i have to change antennas or is there an antenna suppressor na pwede gamitin.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ususally on newer cars, tuners are already wired with a pair of twisted wires or sometimes combined with the shielded wires to suppress statics.i think adding a ground on your antenna or system will do the trick.just mu cents

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    You have poor FM reception mayroon kang multipath interference dahil FM waves travel in a straight line to your transmitter actually your radio picks up more than once at slightly diff. time Kaya yong huling dumating na signal ay reflections sa original, na bounced off sa mga building. Kaya doon nagkakaroon ng ibat ibang tunog o broadcast sa radio mo.

Ngayon kung yung radio mo kaya niyang i-lock yung station na pinakikinggan para hindi makapasok ang ibang station static distortion naman ang mangyayari. Yung bang parang nawawala tapos susulpot ang signal pero walang ibang station ang papasok minsan tinatawag natin poor stereo reception.

Kapag continous ang interference kahit saan ka banda maaring may fault ka sa antenna. Examine its connections very carefully, ang antenna ay dapat very good ang contact sa metal to metal sa kanyang base o kaya yong screw na nanghohold kung pillar-mount model ang antenna. Kung ang antenna mo ay adjustable extend ng 31" yan ang optimum lenght ng FM reception. check mo muna lahat na connection siguraduhin mong maganda ang contact linisin lahat kung marumi kung ganoon parin at walang improvement palitan mo nalang. Trouble shoot makes good experince kaya do this first before replacing.
    Last edited by v6dreamer; January 22nd, 2008 at 04:13 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    That's not static ...

If the station you're listening into is swamped by another, it's called break-through noise. If the offending station's signal mixes wth the one you're listening to, it's called intermodulation distortion.

Sorry to say, but those problems are partly caused by your receiver's poor selectivity (the ability to reject unwanted signals). Ganyan naman generally sa consumer electronics. To keep the cost down, designers forsake selectivity over sensitivity ... because most consumers (like you ) can notice a sensitive radio more than a selective one.

If your FM receiver has a LO/DX selector (Local or Distant), switch it to LO (Local) to make the receiver less sensitive. If it doesn't have it, you may want to install an in-line attenuator on the cable between the antenna and the radio. Note that you may lose the signal from weak stations while the attenuator is in place.

HTH

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    connections were all checked and ok. the model is a pioneer cd with mp3 and aux in up front. will try to check the antenna ground or maybe add a ground. whats' an in line attenuator? where could i get one?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by raquino View Post
    whats' an in line attenuator? where could i get one?
    It's a simple device that reduces the signal strength going to your receiver. It should be available at your suking electronics shop, although most that I've seen have connectors meant for cable TV's (to attenuate interfering FM and/or TV signals), so you may have to use plug adaptors.

Some have matching plugs and sockets on both ends, to allow you to piggy-back if the attenuation is not enough and need to use more than one. These are rated in dB's ... every 3 dB means a reduction in half, so a 9 dB attenuation should result in reduction to 1/8 of the strength. There's no cut and dried figure, as every case is unique.

But AFAIK, Pioneer HU's have LO/DX settings. The LO setting does the same job (with its preset sensitivity levels) ... have you tried it? If your car has a telescopic antenna, you can also retract the antenna for the same effect.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    thanks will try looking for one. i tried the local mode of the head unit but ganun pa rin though di naman madalas and overriding ng channels.

how to remove FM noise or static