New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

kinda practical lang po, i was given an audiovox head unit from a ford expi. I just notice it has no pre outs and i'm planning to put an amplifier para i-power yung 4 speakers sana and sub? Panu ko kaya gagawin to? kasi kung me pre out madali lang eh pero ito wala talaga, i need some inputs how to do it and what amplifier to buy kasi plano ko yung amps ang magpopower nung 4 speakers so 4 channels dapat? and concern ko papano yung sub? another ampli ba yun? meron bang amp na 4 channel tapos me pre-out pang sub? (newbie questions po). TIA.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Look for an amplifier with speaker-level inputs.

---

If you can't find one, you can try this modification to the speaker output of your head unit, and use an amplifier with line-level inputs.

For more details, visit the author's page:

http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/speaker_to_line.html

The circuit is very simple and cheap (it's a voltage divider) - you only need two 1/2-watt resistors per channel. But remember all the precautions you have to take ... especially on not using an amplifier with bridged outputs.

---

Re: subwoofer

It doesn't look practical to me. If you're going to go through all the trouble and expense of hooking up a multi-channel amplified system with a subwoofer, you might as well start with the basics and get a decent head unit (with a sub out) and good speakers.

tnx straightsix! siguro nga mas feasible pa kumuha na lang ng magandang head unit at speakers, nanghihinayang lang kasi ako pero mas magstos pala kung ganon. well tnx ulit.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hindi ba ang mga amps ay may hi-level inputs? Kung mayroon nito, puwedeng straight na sa HU ang Amp. tama ba?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson
    Hindi ba ang mga amps ay may hi-level inputs? Kung mayroon nito, puwedeng straight na sa HU ang Amp. tama ba?
    Most of them are. Kaya nga first advice is:
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix
    Look for an amplifier with speaker-level inputs.
    The circuit's there in case he needs it (like I did ... once).

how to maximize a head unit with no pre outs?