New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Mga sir newbie po, pano ba maginstall ng ampli at subs? Ano mga kailangan kong bilhin? And if ever, pwede ko bang gamitin yung subwoofer ko na sony dating pang home theater? Wait for your replies thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    punta ka na lang sa car audio installer. komplikado din yan kung sa scratch ka magsisimula.

di naman kamahalan ang charge.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Agree ako na for your 1st time, get a car audio installer to do it for you. Watch them and ask questions. Best way to learn. Better than trial and error.

On its simplest, steps and materials needed to install an amp:
    1. disconnect battery - both negative and positive
    2. position your amp
    3. connect a power cable from + terminal of amp to the + battery terminal. Guage 8 or thicker. Thickness depends on the length of the cable and power needed by your amp. This must be fused within 12 inches of the battery. The amp manual usually says what size of fuse you need. Note this fuse is to protect your car and not your audio equipment.
    4. wire your amps remote turn on to the your HU remote turn on wire/output
    5. run rca cables from your hu to amp
    6. wire your speakers and crossovers.
    7. run a ground cable from - terminal of amp to a ground point in your cars body. I like to use same size wire as my + cable. You have to scrape off the paint for a proper ground. Ground must be touching bare metal.
    8. reconnect + and - battery terminals.
    9. Pray you did it correctly and nothing blows then turn on your hu
    10. if it works and your car does not burn to the ground from an electrical fire (joke) set your gains, balance etc...

There are some more technical stuff but thats the most basic way of installing an amp. You also need guts to strip your car of door panels, carpet sidings etc.. to hide the wiring. Tip - put your screws and clips in a container so you dont loose them. Tke note where the screws came from. Very frustrating when you have reassembled your car then find out you still have screws that you did not put back. Trust me I've been there.

House speakers are normally 8 ohms. Car audio is usualy 4 ohms. It will work, but you will loose about half the power of your amp. So if your amp is rated at 200 watts at 4 ohms, your home theater speaker will only get around 100 watts. This is if your home theater speaker is passive. If your home theater sub is active or powered, you will need a 220 volt power source from your car.
    Last edited by userfriendly; August 1st, 2012 at 10:38 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas advisable na hindi sa engine bay located ang fuse ng amp kasi lulutong in the long run ang plastic casing ng fuse.
    this may lead to accident can cause short circuit/fire kapag nabasag kusa ang plastic casing at sumayad ang positive wire sa metal surface.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    mas advisable na hindi sa engine bay located ang fuse ng amp kasi lulutong in the long run ang plastic casing ng fuse.
    this may lead to accident can cause short circuit/fire kapag nabasag kusa ang plastic casing at sumayad ang positive wire sa metal surface.
    I disagree. The fuse should be as close to the batt as possible. Kung somewhere else ang fuse ang haba ng unfused wire papunta dun. Greater chance of shorts. Get a good quality fuse holder that can withstand the heat of the engine compartment.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    The fuse must be located as close to the battery as possible. The fuse is there to protect your car. Just use a good quality fuse holder and properly sized fuseand your good to go. I've been dabling in car audio since the early 90's and I've never had a short bec the fuse got wet. Its also a good idea to wrap your wires with split loom. Protects the wires while maintaing a stock look.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Advice: Seek a professional car audio installer and save yourself the hassle. Invest the time instead elsewhere. Since even until now, I still get headaches on where to look whenever noise starts popping up during my install. So kung may tumopak, you get to blame the installer. Trust me and save yourself a couple of future headaches.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    tama po sila get an expert audio installer.... iwas sa sakit ng ulo..... baka lumaki lang lalo gastos nyo po.... yung sub na pang home theater.... sa bahay nyo nalang po gamitin.... para sakin masagwa tingnan na ilagay sa car ang pang bahay...

Quote Originally Posted by juliane_jimenez View Post
    Mga sir newbie po, pano ba maginstall ng ampli at subs? Ano mga kailangan kong bilhin? And if ever, pwede ko bang gamitin yung subwoofer ko na sony dating pang home theater? Wait for your replies thanks!
    sir juliane since you are newbie, ask a better question sir. Ano po ba amp and sub i iinstall nyo? Ilang watts po ba yan para ma recomend namin mga wiring na kelangan nyo, ano po yung sasakyan nyo, anung head unit nyo. Pag subwoofer kase, is a driver, kahit saan nyo po gamitin yan kelangan nyo yung amp na gagamitin nyo para dyan is pang sa sasakyan, 12 volts na amplifier ang kelangan nyo para sa subwoofer na iiinstall nyo.
    ., since matagal tagal na din ako di nag po forum, marami na pala ako na miss na questions ng mga tsikoteers.,