New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gud PM Tsikoteers !
    Just would like to inquire regarding proper capacitor connection for my present car audio setup. I am a "DO it yourself" guy and I did my own
    audio setup. I am using a Pioneer Elite series Car Stereo, an Alpine amplifier with 750W/ch 2 channel bridgeable with buil-in crossover network, and down firing subwoofer. The sound is Good especially with the Low Frequencies. But I have been seing other setups that they are using a Capacitor. What is the right capacitance value (Farad) for my setup and How am I going to connect it? (before the amp? series with the speaker?) Hope you could help me...
    And also, would a decent sound processor furtherly improve the depth of my BASS?
    Thanks in advance !!!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    1 Farad 25/50v

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Do you really need a capacitor? You already said that the sound is good on lows, so I don't see any reason why you need one. Anyway, the cap is connected in parallel to the 12vDC supply line of the amplifier ... positive to positive, negative to negative. HTH

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    probably his headlights also dance with the bass. The deeper the bass, the dimmer the lights get. heheheh.

Capacitors fixes that. Though it's also good to upgrade your alternator and batt.

How am I going to connect the Capacitor ?