New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Does getting HO Alternator give me a big advantage when it comes to audio? Can it increase more volume since bass is cutting out when it is too much already. Price is 29k for a brand new HO Alternator.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    not necessarily, there might be something wrong lying elsewhere. cables, HU/EQ/crossovers/amp gain settings etc...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Same thoughts here, pa assess mo muna sa magaling na car audio installer if you need to change your alternator. Pa trace mo muna ang wirings mo.
    Afaik, the only time that you should change your alternator to a HO type is when the engine dies and you could no longer start the car after playing with your radio. Some would "beef up" their wires first or change to a deep cycle type battery before changing to a HO type alt.

Taga saan ba kayo? Maybe we could recommend someone nearby to take a look at your system.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by markygy View Post
    Same thoughts here, pa assess mo muna sa magaling na car audio installer if you need to change your alternator. Pa trace mo muna ang wirings mo.
    Afaik, the only time that you should change your alternator to a HO type is when the engine dies and you could no longer start the car after playing with your radio. Some would "beef up" their wires first or change to a deep cycle type battery before changing to a HO type alt.

Taga saan ba kayo? Maybe we could recommend someone nearby to take a look at your system.
    sir I do reside here in qc, anyways ginalaw ko amp ko pinalitan ko settings, parang di talaga tama. Since wala talaga ko knowledge diyan dapat pala di ko pinalitan. Could a trustworthy shop diagnose the cause why my max volume could only reach about 28.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by benchman View Post
    not necessarily, there might be something wrong lying elsewhere. cables, HU/EQ/crossovers/amp gain settings etc...
    sir thankyou for the reply, anyways I'll have a good audio shop check my wirings etc.. anyways ginalaw ko rin ang gains eh di ko alam na dpat pala naka tono un

Quote Originally Posted by benchman View Post
    sir thankyou for the reply, anyways I'll have a good audio shop check my wirings etc.. anyways ginalaw ko rin ang gains eh di ko alam na dpat pala naka tono un

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Stop fiddling with your amplifier settings. If you treat your gain knob as a volume meter, expect speaker damage to come to you.

First of all, 99% of people out there won't need a high-output alternator. Even the more veteran ones won't need it. Hell, I have more than 2,500W of A/B power on tap and I'm just using a 120A stock alt. Then again, I don't really need to play loudly.

The only time you need a HO alternator is when you're on the LnC (SPL peeps won't need it, they're into sudden burping not prolonged usage) route and wants a stable 14V power rather than 12V. Even then, the 2V power difference gained by unregulated amplifiers isn't night and day really. A 100W amplifier might just give you an extra 20W.. and since power is exponential, that is NOT a lot.

Stop fiddling with your amplifier settings. If you treat your gain knob as a volume meter, expect speaker damage to come to you.

First of all, 99% of people out there won't need a high-output alternator. Even the more veteran ones won't need it. Hell, I have more than 2,500W of A/B power on tap and I'm just using a 120A stock alt. Then again, I don't really need to play loudly.

The only time you need a HO alternator is when you're on the LnC (SPL peeps won't need it, they're into sudden burping not prolonged usage) route and wants a stable 14V power rather than 12V. Even then, the 2V power difference gained by unregulated amplifiers isn't night and day really. A 100W amplifier might just give you an extra 20W.. and since power is exponential, that is NOT a lot.