New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i have a profile ca440 amp driving an a/d/s 236is separates and a 12' kicker svc sub (sealed enclosure). my question is - should the amp setting for the separates be in the 'off' or 'highpass' position? i know it should not be 'lowpass' because that is for the sub.
    if its in the 'off' position - meaning all of the frequencies are directed to the separates, would it be harmful to the separates? or would it be the correct setting taking into account that the separates have their own crossover?

last question - what frequency should i point the dial in my amp for my separates?

thanks. any input would be very much appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ideally it should be FILTER OFF and you let the seps crossover (passive or active) take care of it.

In my case, the passive crossover still lets a lot of low frequencies through so I switched to HPF setting.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    last question - what frequency should i point the dial in my amp for my separates?
    If the amp's filter is in the OFF position, it doesn't matter where the dial is pointed.

set it to "Highpass Filter" position, then adjust the amps crossover accordingly to get the sound you want.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    thanks. ill try it now.

'highpass' or 'off' for separates?