New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi guys,

My HU is a stock Mitsubishi Motors AM/FM Cassette with CD Controls unit manufactured by Fujitsu Ten (Philippines). It came with my Lancer 1997 car.

The unit has a security code to avaoid theives from using it. The code is a 3-digit code which I programmed 11 years ago, and it is required everytime the battery is removed or the unit is reset (via a reset button infront of the unit)

I brought my car to a shop for LPG conversion. When they finished converting it 3 days later, I returned to the shop to find the word "HELP" displayed on the radio's LCD.

According to the manual, the "HELP" screen appears when the security code was entered incorrectly 10x. I think someone in the shop tried to turn the radio on and tried to guess the security code.

The manual says I should return the unit for it to be factory reset. Even the unit's reset button doesnt remove the screen nor turn the unit on. Removing it from the battery and plugging it again still leaves the "HELP" on the screen.

Aside from having a trip to Mitsubishi, does anyone else have any other idea to fix this? "HELP"

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hayz. Sorry I dont have the answer to ur question.

Buti na lang un HU ko un bagong natatangal un face. At tinatangal ko nga lang ito pag dadalin sa repair.

Sana nga un AC nadidisable din.

Kukulit kasi mga tao sa shop.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Actually meron kaming experience na kainis-inis talaga regarding the repair shop and our "removable radios"...

When 1 of our cars met a near fatal accident in Makati, we pulled out the radio before it can be stolen by anyone else. The insurance paid the Casa daw to repair the car... When the car's repair was almost done, they requested us to return the radio... Which we did.

When we got the car, aba! Iba na yung radio, maspangit na model . The insurance told us that they got us a new unit daw as part of the insurance claim, kaso they took away our older one which was nicer

Mandaraya talaga yung insurance agent namin! We figured, we should have just reported the unit as stolen right after the incident and we shouldnt have returned it na lang to them.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    You should have received a card that list your audio system code number and serial number. If you lost the card or dont know your code number you must obtain the code number from the dealer, To do this, you will need the system serial number.

If you know your code.

If "0" is the first digit in your code, press and release the tune knob to store it.

If "0" is not the first digit in your code, turn the tune knob left or right untill the first digit is displayed. Press and release the tune knob to store it. Enter the remaining digits the same way.

If you make a mistake entering the code, do not start over; complete the digits sequence, then enter the correct code. You have TEN tries to enter the correct code. If you you are unsuccesful in TEN attempts, you must must then leave the system on for 1 hour before trying again. Good luck.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    imo,eh mas maganda kung dalhin mo na sa mitsubishi ang hu mo.balikan mo din yung shop na nagconvert ng lpg at sabihin mo sa kanila ang ginawa sa hu mo.baka kasi hindi alam ng me ari at humingi ka ng damages.kung hindi ka aasikasuhin ng shop eh ipost mo dito sa tsikot yung name ng shop at address para hindi na dun magpagawa ang ibang tsikot members.

:morgensmile:

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    either dalhin sa mitsubushi or change HU ka nalang talaga sir

change HU ka na lang sir.. hehe kung di ako nagkakamali yung hu mo ba yung may greeting na good morning/ good evening? ganda ng tunog nyan kahit stock lang..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by funkngruvn View Post
    change HU ka na lang sir.. hehe kung di ako nagkakamali yung hu mo ba yung may greeting na good morning/ good evening? ganda ng tunog nyan kahit stock lang..
    I agree hehe ganda talaga tumunog! and the bass nagpunch kahit stock speakers ng mitsu

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by funkngruvn View Post
    Oo nga its a very good unit. It costs P1508 ipagawa sa mitsubishi. The convertion shop is willing to pay for it. Pero I found that the same units can be bought at around 2k lang, kaya Im thinking of either purchasing the same unit or buying a new one.

I have a CD changer kasi for this, baka better I stick to this model. The CD changer is a lot of convenience for me compared to an in-dash cd player

HELP: What to do kapag naglock-up HU?