New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i hav an Ipaq 3650 w/ a deadbatt from being in storage.sabi sa compaq di na daw pwede paltan batt coz dey hav 2 change d whole thing, so its like buying a new 1. so im thinking of new ways 2 stil be able 2 use it.

1 option is as a car mp3 player.ders dis guy in bidshot selling a mini docking station & a toshiba pcmia hdd na 20g!kaya lang mahal benta nya. any1 knows how i can do this?power wud be sa car charger na lang, den dat casette adaptor thingy cguro 2 connct d ipaq 2 d car stereo.but how do i connect both 2 d ipaq?wer cn i buy dat minidocking station thingy?i'd rili apprec8 it if any1 out there can help me...tnx guys

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede mo naman directly i-plug yung cassette adaptor to the earphone jack of the ipaq. just buy a larger capacity memory card. ok ka na.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maniwala ka dyan sa mga manufacturers na yan.

Thats their standard reply: you cannot get a replacement, in the unlikely event that you find one, your warranty will be voided, and all that bullshit is standard reply so the user will have no choice but to get a new unit. Thats how they screw us consumers.

Actually there are a lot of OEM manufacturers for components of electronic devices (ie pdas, laptops). Kung meron sa car, meron sa cellphone, meron din sa PDA.

I had a dead ipaq battery replacement last year for about $50 (including installation) Keso lang you have to get in in the US. I dont know if they ship overseas, ako I had a friend buy it. Sigurado may kamag-anak ka doon, pinoy ka eh.

Check out http://www.ipaqbattery.com/

I also Palm 515 batts replaced sa PalmDoctors. Ask if they replace Ipaq batteries, they should if they service palms, clies and handsprings. They have drop off points in Megamall, SM North, greenbelt and their main shop is in Kapitolyo.

www.palmdoctors.com.ph No harm in inquiring.

Good luck pre.

PS

There are 2 ways of connecting your pda/mp3 to your HU. One is the old reliable cassette adaptor but you are limited by the distortions a cassette head would make and of course you cannot use it if you have an in-dash cd.

There are some Head Units with a built in mini plug in the front (JVC, KENWOOD, AIWA etc.) Saksak mo mini plug dito and connect with the earphone of your pda(or any discman/ipod/etc) and your good to go.

Other units like Alpine have an Mbus or ainet adaptor cable which is directly connected to the back of the unit (ainet/mbus port). The other end has two rca jacks. You just need a mini plug to rca cable (marami sa suking ace hardware) and voila your ready to rock. Blaupunkt has them too.

Piece of advice stick to the car HU. IT IS VERY DANGEROUS TO DRIVE and operate your PDA at the same time. Kung delikado mag text and drive, mas delikado mag operate ng pda and driving. Take it from me, gawain ko ito dati. Be safe, mahirap na.

Remember when driving, keep your hands to the wheel.

help in turning my Ipaq3650 in2 car mp3 player