New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Due to limited budget, I intend to change the stock audio set-up with the following:

1. front speakers- either DLS or Ryan Audio (both separates)
    2. compact amplified sub - avt brand

Stock Head Unit remains the same. by the way my car is an Innova G variant.

Questions:

There are two kinds of DLS separates- one without cross-over box (costs 5.4k); the other with cross-over box (costs 9k). Who;e Ryan Audio already with cross-over box, (4.5k). Is Ryan Audio ok? Or the DLS separates without the cross-over box better than RYAN Audio?

Is the cross-over box necessary in a separates?

Due to space limitations of the baggage area of an Innova, I only want to have a compact amplified sub. Is an AVT brand ok? Has anyone hear actually used this? Is there any static sound?

Lastly, the only amplified speaker is the subwoofer; while the other speakers- the fronts speakers with seps and rear speakers are not amplified. Is this an Ok set-up?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Have not heard the DLS. But they have very good rep. Very highly regarded speakers. The ones with the crossover is better than the one w/o.

Ryan Audio is a very good bang for your buck speaker. The Q series is their top of the line model. Its worth it.

No experience with AVT.

My suggestion is get the Ryan Audio spes. Pair it with an inexpensive amp and a small subwoofer. Ryan Audio (RA) have cheap amps.

i60.4 .. SRP 4,200.00
    -60x4 *4ohms rated at 13.8volts
    -90x4 *2ohms rated at 13.8volts
    -150x2 * 4ohms bridge rated at 13.8volts

Q80.4 .. SRP 6,000.00
    -80x4 * 4 ohms rated at 13.8volts
    -125x4 * 2ohms rated at 13.8volts
    -200x2 * 4 ohms bridge rated at 13.8volts

I have not used RA amps but they have good specs.

I saw a pic of an innova where the owner installed 8 inch subs under the front seat.
    Last edited by userfriendly; January 23rd, 2009 at 09:36 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    "I saw a pic of an innova where the owner installed 8 inch subs under the front seat."

Is this so? kasya ang 8 inch sub? Is this a compact amplified sub?

Thanks for your reply.....

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006

help sound set up for Innova