New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hey guys newbie here, after a couple of weeks of research have decided to get a montero 4x2 instead of a fortuner am going to get my unit next week and would like to set it up as follows:

1. Change low beam to hid
    2. Install reverse cam (preferably without drilling a big hole in the bumper) and lcd
    3. Improve sound system (for better sound quality), preferably with a subwoofer

A few guidelines, would like to keep the stock hu (alpine). Dont like to take up additional space for the sound system (saw some subwoofer options below passenger seat). Keep drilling/modifications to a minimum and not void any warranties. Options installed should not look out of place in the car.

Is 60-70k enough for my wishlist above? If so what would you guys recommend and what shop should I go to (preferably one that can do all of these).

Lastly I'm thinking to wait a bit (5k kms?) before doing the modifications, or is it ok to go do all of these things right after getting the unit?

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    average prices lang.

HID 3,500
    back up camera 4,000
    rearview monitor 5,000

powered subwoofer that fits below the seats 7,500
    front separates morel tempo 8000, dls b6A 6000 no amp needed.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yep. It's enough.

Don't resort to cheap ass HID ...

VTX, Lxsunworx or xenonoptics are some of the few good brands ...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Akala ko 60-70k budget for sounds lang

It fits, but do be careful with the HID. If possible, do retrofits. But those practically chip away a chunk from your budget so just get those HIDs and recalibrate your headlights so it won't blind incoming traffic.

Get decent seps (Focal, DLS, etc.)
    Get a decent sub
    Get a good amp

Done

IMO, I'll save the rearview camera as last. Nothing still beats knowing your car's proportions and the skill it takes to parallel park.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Guys, where can I put the amps if I don't want to use up any space sa trunk area ?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Finger View Post
    Guys, where can I put the amps if I don't want to use up any space sa trunk area ?
    there is always a way to hide it pero the trunk is the most viable of all. but as i saw na gusto mo under the seats yung subs, then you can also do that for the amp.

i have seen setups the get rid of the rear sandalan and replace that with the subs and amp pero may upuan pa rin.

with the warranty, ill say na void na kagad electrical warranty nyan if you install a sound set up, HID kit, etc. IMO wait for the warranty to wear off then go modify na.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Finger View Post
    mickey's autosound can do magics with that kind of problem with an excellent finish, and without voiding such warranties. doing stealth s was his forte.

budget wise for your planned audio setup, he can offer you some options that will fit within your pocket in which the overall sound quality will not be compromised, yung tipong hindi ka na mapapahiya sa setup mo... you can choose with his wide ranges of branded components from entry to hi-end ones.

Help with setup 60-70k budget