New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hello guys. Pano ba mag set up ng audio system ng oto? :?: I'm a little familiar with home theatre systems so pareho lang ba? By the way, we have a pick-up truck with a cd-ready(according to the manual) Clarion head unit and four speakers. Should we buy a cd changer or should we just use a portable cd player that can be plugged into the casette tape player? Or should we just replace the head unit with another which has an in-dash cd player? Pano ba mapapaganda sounds nung sasakyan? :roll: Coz right now it sucks really, mas maganda pa tunog ng pc speakers ko. Can we add a separate subwoofer? Saan 'yun ilalagay? Paki-explain po. :? Thanks! :D [/b]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just add a changer, two midranges, two tweeters and maski one subwoofer. remember, mas maganda setup mas mataas budget.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first rule.....as in any hobby....

KNOW YOUR BUDGET.

2nd...try to window shop....but no matter how tempting the deal is.......dont give in yet!!!! try number 3 first!!

3rd...audition the components that you saw....IN THE CAR, OF COURSE.some shops let you listen the components in rooms...etc....and not in the car....

iba kasi ang acoustic ng car sa room eh...

try to attend regular meets of audio enthusiasts such as the KOTSE AUDIO CLUB and other groups....they can help you a lot in choosing your components.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pedi mauna den magaudition ka muna before going to the shops para malaman mo kung ano gusto mo tunog. basically the three rules glenn had stated are the best steps learning about car audio.

about ur HU, well if u have a budget go for a cd changer, adding a sub would be ok but it would be limited to the 8" size. it can be placed at the back of your rear seats. though you may be ok, with changing ur front speakers to better coaxials or seperates. there are several possibilities only thing is what your after. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron nga pala akong extra set of separates. if you want you can just buy it from me at a giveaway price. nakatambak lang sa house eh. brand is altec-lansing.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    meron nga pala akong extra set of separates. if you want you can just buy it from me at a giveaway price. nakatambak lang sa house eh. brand is altec-lansing.
    anong model/specs yung seps mo? how much?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nd
    about ur HU, well if u have a budget go for a cd changer, adding a sub would be ok but it would be limited to the 8" size. it can be placed at the back of your rear seats.:D
    What we have is a pick-up truck. :? It doesn't have enough space behind the rear seats. Pano 'yun? :?: And how about the amp(s) and all the other stuff? Puede ba sila ilagay sa cargo bed nung truck. Anyway, it's covered naman.

though you may be ok, with changing ur front speakers to better coaxials or seperates. there are several possibilities only thing is what your after.
    Bale papalitan pala dapat lahat ng original speakers? Separates is a pair of speakers ba or type ng wire connection? Why is it called so? Sa coaxial lang kasi ako familiar. Hehehe. Sowee, sabi ko nga ala ako alam dyan eh. :lol:

Hindi ko pa sigurado but I'll let you know 'pag kukunin ko. Anyway, wrecker seems to be interested so kung kukunin n'ya oks lang. :D

GlennSter, thanks man. I'll keep those rules in mind. 8)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wrecker

wreck check ko tonight. post ko dito bukas. i can give it for 500 pesos. btw. unused to pero got it for 2,100.00 a year ago (feb 2002). i was supposed to use this sa setup nung ex-oto ko. i really don't want to touch my stock setup now sa current oto ko eh.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wrecker

wreck check ko tonight. post ko dito bukas. i can give it for 500 pesos. btw. unused to pero got it for 2,100.00 a year ago (feb 2002). i was supposed to use this sa setup nung ex-oto ko. i really don't want to touch my stock setup now sa current oto ko eh.
    sige pre, i'll wait for it. thx

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by conwad
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nd
    about ur HU, well if u have a budget go for a cd changer, adding a sub would be ok but it would be limited to the 8" size. it can be placed at the back of your rear seats.:D
    What we have is a pick-up truck. :? It doesn't have enough space behind the rear seats. Pano 'yun? :?: And how about the amp(s) and all the other stuff? Puede ba sila ilagay sa cargo bed nung truck. Anyway, it's covered naman.<---- 8 inches na sub kasya don. i've seen a pick up recently that has a sub at the back. i'm not particular where he placed the amp. di ko masyado nabusisi. you can come and join us at WWW.KOTSEAUDIOCLUB.COM and look for zandro. he might be able to give you more input on your inquiry.

though you may be ok, with changing ur front speakers to better coaxials or seperates. there are several possibilities only thing is what your after.
    Bale papalitan pala dapat lahat ng original speakers? Separates is a pair of speakers ba or type ng wire connection? Why is it called so? Sa coaxial lang kasi ako familiar. Hehehe. Sowee, sabi ko nga ala ako alam dyan eh. :lol: <---- it's ok. separates are speakers. it's called such, because the tweeters and the midbass is separated. unlike the coaxials where it's 2 speakers into 1 (nakapatong yung tweeter sa midbass).

Hindi ko pa sigurado but I'll let you know 'pag kukunin ko. Anyway, wrecker seems to be interested so kung kukunin n'ya oks lang. :D

GlennSter, thanks man. I'll keep those rules in mind. 8)

HELP: I know NOTHING about car audio