New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I've posted this in other boards n nobody can figure it out. here's what i've posted on a Nissan audio forum.

Here's the problem, my stereo makes an annoying whining/buzzing sound everytime i step on the accelerator. I try turning the music up to drown it out..but the whining also increases. Btw, I have a 92 Sentra. My set up is all stock...I have a tape player..haha (ok lang..basta pogi ako haha).. N i have a Mini Disc player (MD Player) attached to my tape player using the tape adapter. This problem has been going on for about... 4 months now. I've just never came around to fixing it.

Ne ways...here's what i've figured out so far
    After figuring out where my center console piece was hiding its screws, i got to take out the radio. i found out..that if i took out the screws that held down the radio.. the power to the radio went out. Instead of 4 screws holding it down... i got 2 screws holding it down..the other 2 are missing. anyways..one screw had the black wire pinned down under the screw. I tried diff. options. I took out the screws n tried holding the wire down to the metal piece while turning the radio on..nothing happned. then i left the wire unattatched...n screwed in 1 screw..tiny sparks started flying! normal ba yan?? Parang hindi..Natakot ako! but after the screw was screwed in, the radio worked. so screws out.. no power. screws in..there's power. wala akong alam dito electronics..sa so i just placed everything back the way I found it. n left it alone.

Does anyone have any ideas? n any ideas on how to fix this problem? is it possible to DIY?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    add a relay?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GROUNDING.

malamang naka ground lang yan kung saan saan.baka dun sa screws lang na sinasabi mo,

ayusin mo yung ground ng radio mo.tanggalin mo sa grounding point (yung nakaground sa body ng car) make sure na malinis ito (walang dumi at minimal ang paint) gamit ka ng liha to clean it.tapos i ground mo ulit.better yet, ilipat mo ng ground dapat sa body talaga ng kotse.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    try buying those 12V power filters used on car sound systems..looks like a very small inverter

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    also one possibility is the audio cables are too close to the power cables.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pparado
    add a relay?
    ano yun? pasensya pare...like i said, i dont know much about car stereo electronics. heheh sorry

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    before BUYING anything.check all the possibilities first.grounding and power wires shouldnt be touching or near to each other at all.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    baka yun ang problema. Kc.. sa likod ng console..maraming maraming wires. Just this yr. we got our a/c working..n they added a switch to turn on the a/c. I'm the 2nd owner of this car..n we bought it earlier this yr..so i have no knowledge of this car's history. The wiring in this car is a mess..so yes, maybe the wires are too close together. I'll try moving them around n spreading them around away from eachother to see if that helps.

Also, im not sure if this would help in deciding what might be wrong. At night, when driving, I usually keep my driving lights on dim if there's cars in front of me n if we're in slow moving traffic..but ive noticed that when i have my lights fully on, the whining sound is louder..not much louder..but slightly louder than it was in the dim mode.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ground nga.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    so how would i fix that? just make sure the wires arent touching? or is it more than that if its the grounding?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help! Car Radio makes Whining sound