New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    mga sirs, i just recently bought AVT na 7" motorized monitor n an AVT DVD headunit. problem ko lang is bat pag bumabayo ng malakas yung bass ko. bigla namamatay yung headunit? tapos madalas naman sumasabay sa ilaw yung beat ng sounds ko? lage ko napapansin yung ilaw ng mga speedometer ko sumasabay sa beat. anu p kaya ang problema nito? sa pagkabit po kaya ng unit? or sa battery na po? help po.. btw may simple set up ako sa trunk ko na isang subs n ampli na JBL lang... then honda civic 02 mga sirs... TIA

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by majinbu View Post
    mga sirs, i just recently bought AVT na 7" motorized monitor n an AVT DVD headunit. problem ko lang is bat pag bumabayo ng malakas yung bass ko. bigla namamatay yung headunit? tapos madalas naman sumasabay sa ilaw yung beat ng sounds ko? lage ko napapansin yung ilaw ng mga speedometer ko sumasabay sa beat. anu p kaya ang problema nito? sa pagkabit po kaya ng unit? or sa battery na po? help po.. btw may simple set up ako sa trunk ko na isang subs n ampli na JBL lang... then honda civic 02 mga sirs... TIA
    i means kinakapos ka sa supply

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by danieyoyo View Post
    i means kinakapos ka sa supply
    panu yun sir? bili bagong battery? or alternator? anu po ba klase ng alterator yung ok? n how much?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Check first your grounding connection. What gauge of wire did you use. Check mo battery positive connection. If you know about big 3 electrical upgrade that can be a big help.

High powered sound setup needs a lot of power and current path to the amp, if kinakapos electricals ng sasakyan mo may voltage drop kaya you experience that Blinking pag bumabayo..... yung mamamatay HU that menas the drop is too much for the HU to handle.

HTH

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ganyan rin akin dati ang setup ko ay mrv-f705 yung amp na v-12 brand haha tapos phoenix gold hindi ko lang maalala model

hindi namamatay HU pero nangangamba well sabi ng pinsan ko dapat daw iba gauge ng wiring ko dapat mas makapal tapos try rin daw gumamit ng capacitor

tinanggal ko na setup at hindi ko natry yung capacitor dahil mahal pero sa pinsan ko maayos talaga sa kanya jl audio sa kanya pero hindi gumaganun yung sa kanya considering na 4 ata amp niya haha

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    A cap will NOT help with dimming lights. That's not their purpose.

If your total system power is 1200 watts RMS or more, you will need to:

1. Upgrade the alternator to a high output alternator
    2. Upgrade to a yellow top battery
    3. Upgrade the "Big 3" - that is to replace (or add to) the power wire between the battery and alternator, the ground from the battery to the chassis and the ground strap from the engine/tranny to the chassis with at least 2 AWG wire. If you need help with this pm me.

Failure to do this will result in the early death of the alternator as it will eventually fail.

A second battery is never a good idea as it's an added strain on the alternator to charge two batteries AND supply power for the car. The ONLY time a second battery is useful is if the audio system is to be used with the car OFF.

A capacitor is only good so far as the audio system isn't trying to pull too much from the electrical system. A cap doesn't provide more power, it's designed to 'stiffen' the voltage to the amp, nothing else. If the current isn't there, a cap won't help.

The alternator must have at least 20% more amperage power than the entire vehicle and sound system combined for a cap to be of benefit which is ironically the same requirements for an amp to be efficient.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    A capacitor is only good so far as the audio system isn't trying to pull too much from the electrical system. A cap doesn't provide more power, it's designed to 'stiffen' the voltage to the amp, nothing else. If the current isn't there, a cap won't help.

The alternator must have at least 20% more amperage power than the entire vehicle and sound system combined for a cap to be of benefit which is ironically the same requirements for an amp to be efficient.
    sorry about that sir

pero diba po kasi kaya nga nagbliblink eh dahil masyadong malakas ang hatak ng amp dun sa voltage ng baterya? ehdi hindi mahihilaan ng voltage pag me cap? iniisip ko kasi baka kaya naman talaga ng alternator nataon lang na manipis yung gauge nung wiring at walang cap

pero sige po sunurin nalang po yung opinion niyo po peace:D

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kulotz View Post
    sorry about that sir

pero diba po kasi kaya nga nagbliblink eh dahil masyadong malakas ang hatak ng amp dun sa voltage ng baterya? ehdi hindi mahihilaan ng voltage pag me cap? iniisip ko kasi baka kaya naman talaga ng alternator nataon lang na manipis yung gauge nung wiring at walang cap

pero sige po sunurin nalang po yung opinion niyo po peace:D
    Cable length ang gauge has nothing to do if your system grabbing all the juice from your alternator and battery up to a point. What happen is, his system needs more current than the alternator can supply. You see, car electrical are designed to do one thing very well. Supply the car diff. components likes headlights, a/c, brake lights any parts of your car supplied by the alternator current. Now if you used more current than the alternator could chew, Im sure trouble is within.

Most Japanese cars specially 4cly., have an alternator only rated for 35 Ampere and this is only enought to support in about 125 watts in amplifier power.

Im not striking about capacitor. Sure, actually it does a better job of supplying short bursts of current than your alternator can, because it installed next to the amp...meaning it doesnt have to overcome the internal resistance of the alternator and the battery or travel 20 ft. of wire to get to the amp. Its right there when amp need it. But... what I said here are Im not assuming that you will not be playing in more than 3-quarter volume of your system. If you only play at one-third or let say half on the volume surely it works since it less current use.

Lots of people trapped into this kind of problem. Its nice to ask someone if the system your buying can your car handle the demands of multi-amp system. Have the installer estimate your current demands/ estimate your electrical system reserve current capacity. Once you know all this then you can avoid common mistake that will cost you more than will know.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Cable length ang gauge has nothing to do if your system grabbing all the juice from your alternator and battery up to a point. What happen is, his system needs more current than the alternator can supply. You see, car electrical are designed to do one thing very well. Supply the car diff. components likes headlights, a/c, brake lights any parts of your car supplied by the alternator current. Now if you used more current than the alternator could chew, Im sure trouble is within.

Most Japanese cars specially 4cly., have an alternator only rated for 35 Ampere and this is only enought to support in about 125 watts in amplifier power.

Im not striking about capacitor. Sure, actually it does a better job of supplying short bursts of current than your alternator can, because it installed next to the amp...meaning it doesnt have to overcome the internal resistance of the alternator and the battery or travel 20 ft. of wire to get to the amp. Its right there when amp need it. But... what I said here are Im not assuming that you will not be playing in more than 3-quarter volume of your system. If you only play at one-third or let say half on the volume surely it works since it less current use.

Lots of people trapped into this kind of problem. Its nice to ask someone if the system your buying can your car handle the demands of multi-amp system. Have the installer estimate your current demands/ estimate your electrical system reserve current capacity. Once you know all this then you can avoid common mistake that will cost you more than will know.
    okei sir! thanks for the info:D

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I think this a common problem sir.. dahil minsan ang nasa plano
    "HU-AMPS-FEW SPEAKERS" wala sa plano or nakakalimotan na hindi na pala kaya ng isang battery at alternator.. I solved mine by adding two more batteries but lasted only less than a year..dahil ang alternator naman ang bumigay..due to strain sa alt ang additional batteries.. so end up upgrading the alternators as well..

heavy bass problem