New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Good day! I recenly had an Android head unit installed. I love every bit of it. Gumanda sounds, installed apps like Waze, Spotify, ODB2, etc.

My only issue is di nila kaya paganahin ang steering wheel control and they have not heard of anyone who made it work. Lahat daw ng nagpapapalit sa Android HU, they lose that functionality. They told me naman at the onset and I had it installed pa rin.

My question is, do you know anyone that may make it work?

2014 Montero Sport GLSV lang po.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cccj View Post
    Good day! I recenly had an Android head unit installed. I love every bit of it. Gumanda sounds, installed apps like Waze, Spotify, ODB2, etc.

My only issue is di nila kaya paganahin ang steering wheel control and they have not heard of anyone who made it work. Lahat daw ng nagpapapalit sa Android HU, they lose that functionality. They told me naman at the onset and I had it installed pa rin.

My question is, do you know anyone that may make it work?

2014 Montero Sport GLSV lang po.
    yan yata ang compromise. goodbye steering wheel controls like cruise control, audio volumes etc. inquire mo sa mga ibang prominent audio shops like mickeys, timsaudiogarage, simplesound, jc car audio and others baka kaya nila

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    yan yata ang compromise. goodbye steering wheel controls like cruise control, audio volumes etc. inquire mo sa mga ibang prominent audio shops like mickeys, timsaudiogarage, simplesound, jc car audio and others baka kaya nila

Thanks. The cruise controls are fine. Yung audio controls lang ayaw.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cccj View Post
    Thanks. The cruise controls are fine. Yung audio controls lang ayaw.
    ok pala kung gumagana pa rin cruise control. audio controls naman you can do it sa source unit. may i know sinong installer mo?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    *monty_gtv Look for Donz Ang in fb

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Does your Android HU have steering wheel remote inputs?

If yes, and if your only problem is that the signal is not compatible with the vehicle steering wheel remote, you will need a steering wheel control interface. See my post here for more info: Toyota Innova Owners & Discussions [continued 3]

If your Android HU does NOT have a steering wheel remote input, then tapos na usapan. There'll be no way to make it work. You can go "ghetto" mode and use a steering wheel learning IR remote such as this. This is assuming that the IR receiver is sensitive enough to pick up the IR signal from the steering wheel. IR typically works when the transmitter and receiver are within line-of-sight. But sometimes, if the transmitter is strong enough and/or the receiver is sensitive enough, you can bounce the IR beam and the receiver would still be able to pick it up.
    Last edited by oj88; July 27th, 2018 at 05:00 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Installed Joying Android HU last year sa Civic FD ko. The audio steering wheel control (installed separately years ago) is working. May setting sa HU mismo. If CAN bus equipped car mo, masmadali isetup.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang dami ng HU na pwedeng paganahin yung audio control sa steering wheel. You need to ask kung me canbus yung HU na bibilin mo specific sa sasakyan. Check with Excellent Car Radio nag kalat ang HU capable ang audio control sa steering wheel.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Balak ko rin magpalit ng Android 2DIN, ang problema ko naman, ung Steering wheel audio control ko is battery operated, hindi sya wired. Naka rely kaya sya sa freq. or anumang signal? Bye bye control na rin ba ako?

Montero 2009
    JVC KD-BT22 stereo

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Kelangan mo maginstall ng idatalink maestro na module compatible sa year model ng car mo. Check this website: iDatalink - Maestro - Home

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast