New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    mga sir, i have 2 portable hard drives, maxtor 320gb and western digital 160gb. out of the 2, i used the wd 160gb hdd. i deleted all the previous data and transferred about 70-80gb worth of music and videos in it. i put the data in specific folders based on artists' names para madaling i-sort.

eto ang problem ko: when i attached the hdd to the hu via usb cable, it doesn't read all the folders. would appreciate any help on this. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how many folders did you have in the root directory of the HDD? It could you could exceeded the limit of folders the HU can read.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Baka there are too many folders from the root directory. Some HU's can only read a maximum amount of folders. Try to merge some of them, I'm sure your problem will be solved.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alas View Post
    mga sir, i have 2 portable hard drives, maxtor 320gb and western digital 160gb. out of the 2, i used the wd 160gb hdd. i deleted all the previous data and transferred about 70-80gb worth of music and videos in it. i put the data in specific folders based on artists' names para madaling i-sort.

eto ang problem ko: when i attached the hdd to the hu via usb cable, it doesn't read all the folders. would appreciate any help on this. thanks!
    try to make all of your music files into one folder only. ako kasi, ginawa ko na ganun kasi naka-share ang my music folder ko sa buong planta. also, it would be a lot easier eto para sa head unit mo. but you using a real hard drive na nasa enclosure lang at naka-plug sa usb port ng head unit mo?

also try mo rin check ang compatibility ng head unit mo regarding very large storage. i; would also like to try this one also kasi ang 30gb ipod ko, malapit na maubos at ang mga songs ko is nasa 27gb na lahat, hindi pa kasama yung mga nasa ******* and unextracted files.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    thanks for the quick replies, sirs. sinubukan ko po nung una sa main root/directory na gumawa ng isang "music" folder then i put in there all the subfolders consisting of the artists' names/albums pero di nga nya nabasa lahat. next thing i did was to put all the folders artists' names/albums into the main root/directory pero ganun pa din po.

before ko po binenta, i used to plug in an 80gb ipod classic and nabasa po lahat ng hu, but when i decided to just go with the wd passport, hindi nga niya ma-read lahat even if it comes from and contains the same data source.

sir, pag na-merge ko naman lahat ng mp3 files sa isang folder, hindi na maso-sort yung music. i guess i'll try na lang bawasan muna yung folders. baka nga po may limit yung number of folders that can be read. yun nga lang, sayang naman kasi di maximized yung hdd.

thanks po uli!!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by alas View Post
    thanks for the quick replies, sirs. sinubukan ko po nung una sa main root/directory na gumawa ng isang "music" folder then i put in there all the subfolders consisting of the artists' names/albums pero di nga nya nabasa lahat. next thing i did was to put all the folders artists' names/albums into the main root/directory pero ganun pa din po.

before ko po binenta, i used to plug in an 80gb ipod classic and nabasa po lahat ng hu, but when i decided to just go with the wd passport, hindi nga niya ma-read lahat even if it comes from and contains the same data source.

sir, pag na-merge ko naman lahat ng mp3 files sa isang folder, hindi na maso-sort yung music. i guess i'll try na lang bawasan muna yung folders. baka nga po may limit yung number of folders that can be read. yun nga lang, sayang naman kasi di maximized yung hdd.

thanks po uli!!
    Format your portable drive to FAT32. By default kasi NTFS ang fie system nya. Some HU or even VCD/DVD with USB port cant properly read NTFS. Avoid longer names and space if possible for you naming convention.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Or there could be a limitation on the HU. Some headunit can recognize up to 500 folders with 128 tracks each when connected to a USB Drive. Try to limit first to this capacity.

Sagad ba 160GB mo? Even if you put it in single folder, pag sinagad mo, mahihirapan basahin ng HU mo yan. You'll have atmost 40 million files at 3KB per song for 160 GB mass storage.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    double post
    Last edited by mey0r; May 28th, 2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: DP

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    sir, formatted po sa fat32...otherwise, hindi po talaga makikita yung files pag naka-ntfs.

weird nga kasi hindi sagad yung 160gb...at best, up to 90gb lang ang gamit ng files ko.

ganun na nga po siguro. bawasan ko muna yung files or folders to check kung hu limitation yun. thanks for the help!!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ganito po kasi ginagawa ko sa music files ko. i rename them in this manner para hindi mahirap hanapin:

artist name - song title.(extension)

all of my music files are in .mp3 format. at lahat ng mp3 files ko, nasa iisang folder lang, as in root directory ng my music folder ko. kaya nga tuloy yung mga tumitingin sa folder ko (naka-share kasi sa network ang mga mp3 ko), nagugulat sa dami ng kanta meron sa folder ko. so more or less, kung gagamitin ko eto sa head unit ko with usb port, hindi eto mahihirapan basahin at play agad.

as for ipod's, automatic supported naman kasi ang ipod ng mga head unit with usb. by the way po sir, ano pala head unit nyo? mine is a pioneer deh-p5050ub, na ipod supported

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
head unit can't read all mp3 files in usb hdd?