New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hi guys,

I have a BMW 2004 318i MSport and I want to change my Head Unit
    Currently, the BMW Business CD setup is a 1 DIN - stereo/tape and a 6-cd changer in the trunk
    I want a 2 DIN with touchscreen, BT handsfree calling, play MP4s, MP3s, AVIs, steering wheel controls and a GPS perhaps.

Below are what have been recommended to me so far:
    1. Dynavin E46 (Frau, San Juan)
    2. Casca 1622 (Carstethics, San Juan)
    3. Alpine IVA W520E (Perfect Circle, Banawe)
    4. AVT IMD6305i (AutoCamp Ortigas, Goodrich Banawe)
    5. Pioneer AVHX555080BT (AutoCamp Ortigas)

I have read a lot of stuff about Dynavin in e46fanatics.com but don't have much idea on the others.
    My friend said that AVT is not good while a very expensive Alpine seems promising, I mean price should be proportionate to quality right?
    Another warned me about fake Pioneers and Carstethics is strongly recommending Casca.

Your expert thoughts will be much appreciated

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Det7 View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a BMW 2004 318i MSport and I want to change my Head Unit
    Currently, the BMW Business CD setup is a 1 DIN - stereo/tape and a 6-cd changer in the trunk
    I want a 2 DIN with touchscreen, BT handsfree calling, play MP4s, MP3s, AVIs, steering wheel controls and a GPS perhaps.

Below are what have been recommended to me so far:
    1. Dynavin E46 (Frau, San Juan)
    2. Casca 1622 (Carstethics, San Juan)
    3. Alpine IVA W520E (Perfect Circle, Banawe)
    4. AVT IMD6305i (AutoCamp Ortigas, Goodrich Banawe)
    5. Pioneer AVHX555080BT (AutoCamp Ortigas)

I have read a lot of stuff about Dynavin in e46fanatics.com but don't have much idea on the others.
    My friend said that AVT is not good while a very expensive Alpine seems promising, I mean price should be proportionate to quality right?
    Another warned me about fake Pioneers and Carstethics is strongly recommending Casca.

Your expert thoughts will be much appreciated

Thanks!
    As it's late at kakarating ko lang sa bahay after a party, I'll sum it up in a few words:

Only Alpine and Pioneer manufacture their head units according to their own R&D (although they outsource production to China, the specifications is theirs). Everything else is simply put, China rebrands.