New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    good day mga sirs,

newbie lang ako but i read lot of reviews for a car set ups.

i decided to go with this set up

IDMAX 12" SUB running in Hifonics BXi 1606D
    Polk Audio MMC6500 for Sep
    Polk Audio MMC650 for Rear
    Both running in Hifonics ZXi6006

My Question is: Is this a good set up? i'm looking for a good SQL. How much kaya ang aabutin including labor and boxes. any alternative na speakers na makakatipid ako. I'm thinking of going sa Mickeys.

Thank you in advance for all your help guys.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVEMBER View Post
    good day mga sirs,

newbie lang ako but i read lot of reviews for a car set ups.

i decided to go with this set up

IDMAX 12" SUB running in Hifonics BXi 1606D
    Polk Audio MMC6500 for Sep
    Polk Audio MMC650 for Rear
    Both running in Hifonics ZXi6006

My Question is: Is this a good set up? i'm looking for a good SQL. How much kaya ang aabutin including labor and boxes. any alternative na speakers na makakatipid ako. I'm thinking of going sa Mickeys.

Thank you in advance for all your help guys.
    sir kung sa ok ......ok na ok na ok yan parang SPL na nga ang setup mo tingin ko pa lang sa subwoofer mo nka double magnet at DVC ba yan????
    high class pa amplifier mo ha kung di ako nagkakamali class D ang hifonics...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    *heaven's rio

thank you sa reply sir.

ano ba ang double magnet at DVC? may pagkakaiba ba yun bosing kung hindi sya double magnet at DVC?

meron ka bang ma susuggest na set up bosing to lower the price? medyo tingin ko mapapamahal ako dito eh. sana kung malolower natin sa 50-60K much better. siguro kahit sa amp na lang tayo magbago. any suggestion?

thank you thank you.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    its a good set up, pero if your going for SQL, add another sub kung kakayanin yung load.

those are good brands, great sound, worth the money. 50-60K? i doubt kung kakasya yan. the quality of the sound is only as good as the installer. i suggest you to go for lower brands with a great installer. para busog na busog setup mo.

try mickeys audio or kid audio. worth the money mga set up nila.

avoid LA cars for setups, IMO their people just know how to make a box but not maximize the potential. the other thing is... grabe sila sumingil.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    * sir archie123456789

thanks sa info sir.

i was thinking nga between the two supplier, mickeys and LA. nakita ko kasi sa web mga product nila. pero siguro nga kay mickeys na lang. marami na rin akong naririnig the good things about him. thank you sir.

about adding another sub sir. i would like to do that pero baka hindi na kakayanin ng budget.

anyways, thank you thank you sa tulong / info sir.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVEMBER View Post
    *heaven's rio

thank you sa reply sir.

ano ba ang double magnet at DVC? may pagkakaiba ba yun bosing kung hindi sya double magnet at DVC?

meron ka bang ma susuggest na set up bosing to lower the price? medyo tingin ko mapapamahal ako dito eh. sana kung malolower natin sa 50-60K much better. siguro kahit sa amp na lang tayo magbago. any suggestion?

thank you thank you.
    sir....napaka bibo na ng budget mo na iyan hehehe..... kung ang budget mo na 50-60k talaga ang ipang sesetup mo,,, bakit hindi kana mag SPL setup,,, kasi kung tutuusin sa 20-25k makakapag setup kana ng SQL....

ganito sir ang Double magnet

ganito naman ang DVC-dual voice coil

dalawa ang positive at dalawa ang negative
    pwede mo i-series o kaya i-parallel ang connection

ganito naman ang DVC na naka triple magnet

malaki ang pagkakaiba sir kung ang woofer mo ay hindi double magnet o kaya DVC
    mas powerful ang double magnet lalu na pag naka Dual Voice Coil pa

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by heaven rio's View Post
    sir....napaka bibo na ng budget mo na iyan hehehe..... kung ang budget mo na 50-60k talaga ang ipang sesetup mo,,, bakit hindi kana mag SPL setup,,, kasi kung tutuusin sa 20-25k makakapag setup kana ng SQL....
    again, not true. with the brands that the TS is planning on, that budget will not fit. polk audio and hifonics cost a lot of money. with the labor and wiring included, im assuming around 100k or more depending how extensive the wood works and fiberglass is going to be.

SPL setup will be enough at 50k-60k. BUT SQL cost a lot more. it has the clarity and boom boom power. no a/d/s, lansar, etc can give the clarity of high end speakers.
    Last edited by archie123456789; October 6th, 2010 at 12:03 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    * heaven's rio

sir parang tapos na ako sa SPL eh. tumatanda na ako kaya siguro graduate na ako sa ganung set ups. anyways, thank you sa pics. pag aralan ko ulit.

*archie123456789

sir, ang mahal naman nun. siguro kung sa boxes eh yung simple lang. kasi gusto ko sana yung natatanggal pa rin yung box at hindi naka fix sa likod. i need kasi minsan yung third seat ng sasakyan.

*heaven's rio and archie

go pa rin sana ako sa set up na SQL. pero d ko nakakayanin yung 100K+ mga sirs. any suggestion mga sir to lessen the 100K budget.

thankyou. really appreciate your help.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    with the 50k-60k budget for an SQL, it will be hard to fit if you are planning on a full blown audio SQL. siguro the best is to lessen the SQ para makapasok sa budget. lets not think of electronic crossover, 3 way seps, etc.

IMO you can fit that budget sa full blown SQL if your willing to go down on brands (and i mean really go down) like ryan audio, etc.

but i personally say, if you can afford higher quality brands, go for it.

for me:
    memphis audio for the seps
    kahit pioneer na lang rear fill (powered by the HU)
    rockford fosgate amp to power both seps and subs
    JL audio or MTX for the subs (depending on your taste)
    minimal woodwork

this is not a full SQL setup pero basic SQ with a little power on the subs. power hungry mga ito kaya put on a capacitor kahit 1 farad para mahabol yung bass.

If you want to lower the costs a little, try to find more affordable installers. While Mickey's is one of the best, they also charge accordingly.

Ok naman experience ko sa Sun-X sa Auto Centro. They've won a couple of KAC competition setups. Magaling ang woodworks nila (not sure kung nandun pa yung Eric na magaling mag-woodworks -- iba siya kay Erick na may ari ha). Quite a number of VCP members have their Vios setup at Sun-X.

You might be able to get away with less expensive equipment rin, but have some investment in sound proofing/insulation/deadening.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
are this a good set ups?