New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    a friend is offering the following items, from abroad, just wanna figure out if i can make use of it b4 getting it.

*Pioneer Carrozzeria 150Wx2 / 75Wx4
    *pair of Alpine tweeter bout the size of 1-peso coin. 45W and another 120W peak.
    *and a pair of bose speaker, no power rating nor model #. He just said it was a stock spkr of Benz. Its a 4" speaker, I assume used as mids.

Am currently using Pioneer 3150 HU and 3-way Pioneer speaker for the rear and the stock mid spkr in front.

Question, will I be able to get these items of good use with my current setup? Maybe a Subs will be the only thing i need now?

Last question, I noticed that the input connector of the power amp is not RCA. Its like the plug of a PC keyboard, (not the PS2 type but the bigger type)

My HU only has RCA as output connector, is there a wire that I can use for this issue?

last last . . . how much is the going rate for the items listed above? If i ask for 2.5K, di na kaya mahal yun?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with your current set up i think you need an amp and a good front speaker and subwoofer. buying those things you mentioned wont improve your set up

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    better invest on some good seps first

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup , invest on good items , basically ay pag ipunan mo ang gusto mo . Not for the sake na may bago ka na set-up ... U get what u pay for .

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If libre ito , why not ? Basta start with a good head unit , yung tipong tatagal sa iyo , ito ang soul sa buong system .

Is this a good buy???