New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I own a new Everest and I would like to upgrade the sound system and obviously need to start at the head unit. The problem is, the head unit is built into the fascia of the car. Does anyone know if Ford or anyone else makes a replacement part so that a new head unit can be fited?

Thanks for all your help.

P.S. If I can get this sorted, I plan to fit a twin vibe 15" subwoofer eclosure, 7" flip-out DVD player head unit and upgrade all the other speakers in the doors.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir sa pagkakaalam ko, meron nabibili na parang cover if your upgrading the HU. ive seen one sa civic FD... fabricated lang to carbon fiber. just dont have an idea on how much it cost or where to get it.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sir meron na po nabibili na HU panel 2 din sa Goldcars banawe..
    Fits perfectly with the gen2 eve. but the problem is the color of the panel
    is leaning more on the silverish side. but the stock is more on the gold accent.
    pero pwede na.

you can check www.forclubph.com for your inquiries..
    dami ka makukuha na inputs sa FCP.

pics courtesy or brellrain from FCP
    Last edited by karlbo; June 16th, 2008 at 04:08 AM. Reason: added pic

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes sir.. Bought it at Gold Cars Banawe for 3500 pesos.. You can use it either 1 din or 2 din..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by brellrain View Post
    Yes sir.. Bought it at Gold Cars Banawe for 3500 pesos.. You can use it either 1 din or 2 din..
    paps... ganda talaga hu mo..
    mukhang kakamutin ko na rin..
    nagustuhan ni esmi eh.. pinakita ko ampepe.. paktay na..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Go for it bro..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi Karlbo et al,

I'm new to this forum and was convinced to register so that I can share info ... and ask questions mostly :-)

I replaced my HU recently and luckily I was able to get a face panel with the same color scheme as the stock unit. Got it from L.A. Car Accessories in Malugay St. in Makati.

The brand of the HU is Equinox. I'm a novice in car sound setup so I'm not sure if the HU I got is a best buy. There are other HU brands available in the store pero yun lang nakayanan ng budget ko. I'm still acquainting myself with the new toy.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Congrats bro.. That's fine..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    While on the subject: What size car speakers fits the Everest? Any recommendations?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thanks, but I have to know what size I should use for the speakers in the doors on my 2008-model, e.g. if I should look for 16 cm, 17 cm or 18 cm units.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford Everest 2007 stereo upgrade help