New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Good Day

Hingi lang po ako ng feedback regarding the following.

A) Morel Virtus 602 - 29.8k
    vs
    Focal PS 165 FX - 28.8k

B) Morel Tempo Ultra 18.8k
    vs
    Focal PS 165 F - 22k

Prices are based on Mickeys website. Hindi ako sure kung sila magkamatch pero price-wise sila magkalapit. Medyo na-narrow-down ko na sa kanila choices ko although di ko pa sila na-audition. Welcome naman po ako sa ibang suggestions.

And how much kaya selling price ng focal underseat sub? yung i-bus 20. Balak ko palitan ng sealed sub once nagpaset up ako.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I prefer warm-sounding speakers like Morel and DLS better. Focal speakers tend be bright-sounding. However, choice of speakers is quite subjective and they can be tuned according to your preferences.

I suggest that you ask Mickey to audition such sets before deciding on which set to get. He has a lot of ongoing project cars that may be using the sets you are looking at.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    It depends on your requirements. What genre of music do you usually listen to? Are you the person you likes loud music with a lot of kalansik? You can't go wrong it Focal. If you are the type of persons who have different playlist from classical music to pop musics. The Morel is for you.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    The Morel Tempo Ultra and Focal PS 165F is more than enough. I myself have the Tempo Ultra on my SUV and it is very versatile.
    In the future I might get the Focal PS 165F for my truck

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Good experience with 165Fs. I have had mine for close to 5 years already. Took a bit of time to burn in, but they sound great. Much brighter in reference to a pair of DLS R6As installed on an older car.

For a recent install, wanted to go with something warmer. My regular shop recommended a pair DLS UPI6s, however, come install time, there were no units left.

Ended up getting a pair of Crescendo 1S2s put in. Though I am still burning in (install was just last weekend), pleasantly surprised with the sound quality.

More so that it comes at just a fraction of the price of the 165Fs or even the UPI6s. [emoji1308]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Thanks for the inputs. Leaning towards morel but will try to audition both first before deciding. Thanks again

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred21 View Post
    Good experience with 165Fs. I have had mine for close to 5 years already. Took a bit of time to burn in, but they sound great. Much brighter in reference to a pair of DLS R6As installed on an older car.

For a recent install, wanted to go with something warmer. My regular shop recommended a pair DLS UPI6s, however, come install time, there were no units left.

Ended up getting a pair of Crescendo 1S2s put in. Though I am still burning in (install was just last weekend), pleasantly surprised with the sound quality.

More so that it comes at just a fraction of the price of the 165Fs or even the UPI6s. [emoji1308]

How's the build quality and sound signature of the cresendo? How would it compare to Helix separates at focal 165f? Had the 165v 165f at 165k before and would like to try something warmer at smoother lol

8. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by reptar View Post
    How's the build quality and sound signature of the cresendo? How would it compare to Helix separates at focal 165f? Had the 165v 165f at 165k before and would like to try something warmer at smoother lol
    Build quality and aesthetics, vis-a-vis 165Fs, the Crescendos look very utilitarian but still sturdy. Will see how long these last, though i am very optimistic.

Sound signature-wise, again, i am still burning in. But so far, would put this in between Focal and DLS. For me, mas makalansing pa rin Focal... compared to it in terms of let’s say crash cymbals, these sound less harsh at higher volumes.

Voice reproduction is very good too. Warmer compared to the 165Fs. Mids, punchier. —minsan nabibitin ako noon doon.

Overall, fits the profile I told the shop I wanted. Honestly was a bit hesitant coming in knowing that this is a lesser known brand, but we’ll see. So far, so good.

...Haven’t gotten the pleasure of experiencing a helix system.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Build quality and aesthetics, vis-a-vis 165Fs, the Crescendos look very utilitarian but still sturdy. Will see how long these last, though i am very optimistic.

Sound signature-wise, again, i am still burning in. But so far, would put this in between Focal and DLS. For me, mas makalansing pa rin Focal... compared to it in terms of let’s say crash cymbals, these sound less harsh at higher volumes.

Voice reproduction is very good too. Warmer compared to the 165Fs. Mids, punchier. —minsan nabibitin ako noon doon.

Overall, fits the profile I told the shop I wanted. Honestly was a bit hesitant coming in knowing that this is a lesser known brand, but we’ll see. So far, so good.

Thanks. They say nga that's warmer than the 165f which is actually the warmest focal that I've owned which is why I'm leaning towards it. The Helix seps are supposed to be a step up sa crescendo yun nga lang nasa price range ng ng 165f at DLS.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014

I heard helix are neutral/accurate sounding speakers. Not bright but not warm as well, sakto lang