New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Nagpakabit ako ng Equinox 2din 7" touchscreen player. Ang problema, minsan bigla na lang lumalabas yung touchscreen menu kahit hindi naman nahahawakan yung monitor tapos biglang mag-alternate na mag-pause/play tapos tuluyan na syang mag-pause.

Nangyayari ito kapag may dvd akong nakasalang pero bihira lang kung USB.

Na-experience nyo na ba ito lalo na dun sa mga may touchscreen LCD? Hindi ko ginagamit yung touchscreen; remote palagi ang pang-control ko.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Maybe something is pinching the touchscreen near the edge. Maybe there's a menu item to reduce the sensitivity of the touchscreen.

Though, if it only happens during DVD playback, the underlying problem might not be as simple as above. It could be a board (electronics) problem.

Does it only happen when the car is moving/going over potholes?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had a loading problem on my unit but they fixed it under warranty. Never had a problem like yours, though.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe it has to do with the Kara tei move

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Make sure your screen is dust free before you turn on the HU. Plus, check if the edges are not in contact with the border. If all else fails, have it checked at your authorized repair shop.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Anybody know how to restore touchscreen of equinox atv8045? My kid must have played with it and disabled the touchscreen. Any suggestion?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by matangpusa View Post
    Anybody know how to restore touchscreen of equinox atv8045? My kid must have played with it and disabled the touchscreen. Any suggestion?
    Now that you've mentioned it, my Equinox DVD player's touchscreen appears to have been disabled as well. I rarely use the touchscreen; the only time that it gets activated is whenever I clean the LCD screen. Yesterday, as I was wiping some smudge off the screen, I noticed that the touchscreen menu wouldn't even appear despite my constant pressing of the "touchscreen sensitive points."

Crap, I knew I should have pulled out the extra 4k and bought myself a Pioneer/JVC instead.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I brought back the unit to the supplier and there is a way pala on how to put the touchscreen on and off...hehehe. My unit is back in good playing condition.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by matangpusa View Post
    I brought back the unit to the supplier and there is a way pala on how to put the touchscreen on and off...hehehe. My unit is back in good playing condition.
    How do you turn it off/on?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    To put it on, go to DVD mode (no playing), press zoom, press arrow keys up, down, right, left the blue screen shall appear. Press the crosses, there should be four. Then press OK at the middle of the screen...then you're back to touchscreen....HTH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Equinox 2Din LCD/DVD glitch