New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Who makes simple but quality sealed sub enclosures using a single 10” or 12” DLS driver and matching monoblock?

I am brand agnostic on the monoblock and I’m ok even if it’s just an entry-level model for as long as it matches the driver.

I have the classic DLS R6A front seps which I love, plus a Blaupunkt THb 210A active sub at the back. Looking to add more low end articulation while maintaining SQ and retaining the ‘Reference’ characteristics of the front seps.

Vehicle is an Innova. HU is a Kenwood DDX8034BT.

Suggestions?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    There used to be a subwoofer box fabricator beside Winterpine along Araneta Avenue. You just give them the dimensions and they will make the box with the connectors already. You can choose between a cloth or leather cover also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    There used to be a subwoofer box fabricator beside Winterpine along Araneta Avenue. You just give them the dimensions and they will make the box with the connectors already. You can choose between a cloth or leather cover also.

It’s the other way around sana.... I need somebody or a shop who knows the volume and dimensions formula to build the sealed box around what a specific driver is tuned for.

“Driver” as in the DLS sub speaker.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    It’s the other way around sana.... I need somebody or a shop who knows the volume and dimensions formula to build the sealed box around what a specific driver is tuned for.
    Check out the technical reference of DLS regarding a specific subwoofer model and they have an indicated volume for sealed and ported enclosures. We have used that and designed subwoofer enclosures based on our needs or available trunk space. There are sites which can help also with the proper proportions.

It can be geeky but there is a sense of achievement if you have done so.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    try simplesound, mickey's autosound

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Check out the technical reference of DLS regarding a specific subwoofer model and they have an indicated volume for sealed and ported enclosures. We have used that and designed subwoofer enclosures based on our needs or available trunk space. There are sites which can help also with the proper proportions.

I've seen the datasheets and I speak geek naman. But I am at a point now that I'd rather have a proper expert do everything for me. I just want to crank it up, sit back and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    Thanks. I'll talk to these guys.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    You’ll never go wrong with Jonz of Simplesound or Mickey. Medyo may kamahalan kay Mickey but alaga ka doon.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007

i concur, this is the right approach. rather than so called box experts who just take available car space dimensions, construct the box without calculations and hand it over like it was professionally done.
    i'm slowly learning the calculations, so i'll just probably do it myself in the near future. i found these two links quite informative for a DIY subwoofer...

speaker T/S (Thiele/Small) parameters supplied to specific subwoofer volume calculator program in combination with
    subwoofer box wizard that gives out the correct box dimensions for construction